nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Official L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Feedback Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=168398)

MaXThReAT 11-08-11 12:27 PM

Official L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Feedback Thread

Today is the day and this is the game I will be spending my hard earned dollars on. This and Sonic Generations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by News (Post 2499267)
L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition is now available in North America on Steam! L.A. Noire will release in most territories later this week, please check the gamepage for details in your region.

A dark and violent crime thriller, set against the backdrop of 1940?s Los Angeles, L.A. Noire blends the breathtaking action of chases and shootouts with true detective work including interrogations and clue-finding, as newly-minted officer Cole Phelps embarks on a desperate search for truth in a city where everyone has something to hide.

http://storefront.steampowered.com/v...le_467x181.jpg

More...

I hope I can find time to run out and pick this up I've been looking forward to it for a long time.
(w/opics)

crainger 11-08-11 12:34 PM

Re: Official L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Feedback Thread

Oh I forgot about this... I loved this game, keen to see how it runs on PC. I just hope the PC action junkies realise this is an adventure game. People not realising that lead to some pretty awkward feedback when it hit console.

Action junkie usual comment: "What? I can't pull my gun out and shoot people whenever I want? I thought this was a Rockstar game!!!!!"

|MaguS| 11-08-11 01:08 PM

Yeah I feel like a lot of the PC Tards are going to complain that they can't drive anywhere or do whatever they want because of how scripted it is and then blame the consoles even though it was the games design.

crainger 11-08-11 01:25 PM

Silly, it's an adventure game. It actually reminds me of the first Tex Murphy game. Mean Streets. It was mostly questioning people and searching for clues, but it had a flight sim and gun play (was set in the future so yes a flying cars).

|MaguS| 11-08-11 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger (Post 2499360)
Silly, it's an adventure game. It actually reminds me of the first Tex Murphy game. Mean Streets. It was mostly questioning people and searching for clues, but it had a flight sim and gun play (was set in the future so yes a flying cars).

I would say its a lot like the original Police Quest game. You got the Action Scenes but a lot more of it is Adventure.

crainger 11-08-11 01:36 PM

I was gonna say that, but Mean Streets is a closer fit. ::bleh::

crainger 11-08-11 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaWter (Post 2499369)
I'll get it once it's on sale.

Action junkie cheapskate.

wysiwyg 11-10-11 04:38 PM

the facial animations looks slightly bizarre and hilarious just something not right, remind me of thumb wars

MowTin 11-10-11 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 2499367)
I would say its a lot like the original Police Quest game. You got the Action Scenes but a lot more of it is Adventure.

Police Quest :D

crainger 11-10-11 10:31 PM

Thankfully it's easier than Police Quest. Much much easier.

brady 11-11-11 05:52 AM

Got it. I like the slower pace for a change. Just wish I could get something better than FXAA working.

brady 11-11-11 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brady (Post 2500572)
Got it. I like the slower pace for a change. Just wish I could get something better than FXAA working.

Got it. For anyone else interested, turn off in-game AA (If you don't you'll probably get a black screen), use 0x004000C0 compatibility flag in Inspector (the game is DX9 so don't use the DX10 field), use 'Override any application setting' mode, and then you can set MSAA + SGSSAA. For me it runs fine with 8xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA (1080p), and it looks a lot better than the in-game AA options, a lot better.