nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   So i just bought Oblivion, £4.99 via Steam. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=168730)

ATOJAR 11-16-11 03:42 AM

So i just bought Oblivion, £4.99 via Steam.

As the title states just bought Oblivion GOTY edition for £4.99 ftom Steam. Having never played this before but hearing its a epic game.

Im looking for some good mods for the game ... Heres what i found so far.

The Unofficial Oblivion Patch - 1,800 bugs still present in Oblivion even after Bethesda finished patching it.

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch - This mod is a joint effort to fix the vast amount of bugs currently existing in the Shivering Isles expansion pack for Oblivion v1.2.0416, fixing over 300 bugs so far!

Unique Landscapes mod - Unique Landscapes is a series of mods that aim to turn every location in Cyrodiil into a hand crafted masterpiece.

Qarl’s Texture Pack III - Qarl’s Texture Pack III is the most popular and thorough Oblivion texture pack out there.

Natural Environments - Natural Environments contains a series of subtle updates that work together to improve to the way the world looks and feels.

DarNified UI - Sick of only being able to see five items at a time in a list? Irritated by the gigantic fonts and clunky interface? Darnified UI completely redesigns Oblivion’s user interface.

Are there any other mods i could use that you guys recommend? Any good texture mods etc?

Any info is appreciated. :)

knghtwhosaysni 11-16-11 05:49 AM

Re: So i just bought Oblivion, £4.99 via Steam.

I've just recently wanted to seriously start an Oblivion game (even though I bought it not long after release haha), and this is what I'm using so far, in addition to the ones you already have:

Graphics:
Streamline - will dynamically change draw distances (you can set min/max values it can vary between) to meet a minimum framerate.
OBGEv3 - more effects available (SSAO, Indirect Illumination, HBAO, post-AA, godrays, POM, etc). I'm just using FXAA, godrays, and POM.
Liquid Water - requires OBGEv3. Much better water shader, other water mods just change the color/visibility values.
All Natural (says to not use the whole Natural Environment mod with this one) - more realistic weather system
Immersive Interiors - requires All Natural, shows outside weather conditions from inside
RAEVWD - Really Almost Everything Viewable When Distant, makes unique landmarks stay visible from further away
Animated Window Lighting System - lights up windows+adds smoke to chimneys depending on time of day.
Natural Habitat - part of Natural Environment, just adds bids+insects
Brighter Torches

Gameplay:
FCOM (or just OOO if FCOM's install is too daunting) - lots of people didn't like how enemies level with you in vanilla Oblivion, OOO changes that. FCOM is basically a combination of mods and complicated install process that includes OOO and a bunch of new enemies+loot. http://www.oblivionmodwiki.com/index.php/FCOM
Open Cities Classic - lets you in and out of cities without a loading screen, the doors open up and you walk in.
Jump - reduces jump height quite a bit
Realistic Physics - makes ragdolls fall with more weight+friction

I may have screwed up somewhere along the way tho, because Oblivion crashes on exit every time for me. Hasn't crashed in-game yet tho

Redeemed 11-19-11 12:49 AM

I've never really messed with mods before but right now I'm really itching to play Skyrim and since I have to wait I figured I'd play through Oblivion again. This time I'm gonna' try and get some MODs installed. Will be nice to see the game with drastically improved graphics. :)

Thanks for the lists guys! :D

FastRedPonyCar 11-26-11 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATOJAR (Post 2502318)
As the title states just bought Oblivion GOTY edition for £4.99 ftom Steam. Having never played this before but hearing its a epic game.

Im looking for some good mods for the game ... Heres what i found so far.

The Unofficial Oblivion Patch - 1,800 bugs still present in Oblivion even after Bethesda finished patching it.

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch - This mod is a joint effort to fix the vast amount of bugs currently existing in the Shivering Isles expansion pack for Oblivion v1.2.0416, fixing over 300 bugs so far!

Unique Landscapes mod - Unique Landscapes is a series of mods that aim to turn every location in Cyrodiil into a hand crafted masterpiece.

Qarl’s Texture Pack III - Qarl’s Texture Pack III is the most popular and thorough Oblivion texture pack out there.

Natural Environments - Natural Environments contains a series of subtle updates that work together to improve to the way the world looks and feels.

DarNified UI - Sick of only being able to see five items at a time in a list? Irritated by the gigantic fonts and clunky interface? Darnified UI completely redesigns Oblivion’s user interface.

Are there any other mods i could use that you guys recommend? Any good texture mods etc?

Any info is appreciated. :)

I grabbed it too (mainly because I can't find my shivering isles disk) and those are more or less the mods I'm using. I had numerous others back when I originally played through oblivion.

there are quite a few quests like the spires, knights of the nine and Nehrim

http://www.moddb.com/mods/nehrim-at-fates-edge