nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Skyrim Mods (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=168763)

Vanzagar 11-16-11 01:26 PM

Skyrim Mods
 
Post your favorite mods here...

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/top/

Any other good mod sites for Skyrim?

Please comment on whether the mod has affected your game stability, I'm not willing to try the mod if the mod makes the game slightly worse in terms of stability (bit more flaky or crashes a bit more)...

Before and after screen pics are much appreciated too...

Vanz

Roadhog 11-16-11 01:34 PM

Re: Skyrim Mods
 
nude mod, obviously. :p

dikinher 11-16-11 01:43 PM

Re: Skyrim Mods
 
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/th...m-mods-so-far/

Sean_W 11-16-11 01:50 PM

Re: Skyrim Mods
 
FXAA PP injector mod. Frame rate hit is about 5fps, seems good so far.

Before
http://i44.tinypic.com/29pu1k0.jpg

After
http://i40.tinypic.com/5c0m5g.jpg

Roadhog 11-16-11 01:52 PM

Re: Skyrim Mods
 
Looks like someone took the sharpen and contrast filter in photoshop and turned it to 11.

Dunno how you can think that looks good.

Sean_W 11-16-11 01:56 PM

Re: Skyrim Mods
 
Well it's a post process filter and sharpener so yeah. I think it gives lighting more depth and makes it look much less washed out.

Roadhog 11-16-11 02:00 PM

Re: Skyrim Mods
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean_W (Post 2502519)
Well it's a post process filter and sharpener so yeah. I think it gives lighting more depth and makes it look much less washed out.

The trees went from green to black, and the sky went from blue to green.

You should force AO since you have nvidia. Seems to work decently in skyrim.

Sean_W 11-16-11 02:29 PM

Re: Skyrim Mods
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 2502521)
The trees went from green to black, and the sky went from blue to green.

You should force AO since you have nvidia. Seems to work decently in skyrim.

AO has too much of a performance hit for me and it's doesn't away give good results. THere might well be a SSAO mod at some point though.

de><ta 11-16-11 03:03 PM

Re: Skyrim Mods
 
Any mods that add Umbra?

Roadhog 11-16-11 03:06 PM

Re: Skyrim Mods
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean_W (Post 2502539)
AO has too much of a performance hit for me and it's doesn't away give good results. THere might well be a SSAO mod at some point though.

Oh right, you have a 460 and whine about games not having 8 million next gen graphical features.

:D

SSAO does make it look better. You can set it to performance and it doesn't look any worse from what i've seen.

Sean_W 11-16-11 03:24 PM

Re: Skyrim Mods
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 2502571)
Oh right, you have a 460 and whine about games not having 8 million next gen graphical features.

:D

SSAO does make it look better. You can set it to performance and it doesn't look any worse from what i've seen.

hahaha, I'd prefer the developer to add the option to the engine, performance is better and probably implementation.

Maverick123w 11-16-11 04:51 PM

Re: Skyrim Mods
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 2502517)
Looks like someone took the sharpen and contrast filter in photoshop and turned it to 11.

Dunno how you can think that looks good.

I agree. I tried the mod out and uninstalled it 3 seconds later. Pretty much puts a sepia and absurdly high sharpener filter on everything.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.