nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New parts incomming :) (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=168783)

PeterJensen 11-17-11 03:04 AM

New parts incomming :)
 
Time to upgrade my AMD 1055T :)

What i have:
Corsair 800D
Corsair h70
Corsair 800w PSU
Nvidia 580GTX

What i just bought:

ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME/BF3, Socket-2011
E-ATX, X79, 8xDDR3, 5xPCIe(3.0)x16, CFX&SLI, SATA6Gb/s,USB 3.0,BT, X-Socket, BF3

http://www.komplett.dk/img/p/1200/27...dacf2362f6.jpg


Intel® Core i7-3930K Processor

http://www.xtremecoders.org/wp-conte...n-the-US-2.jpg

Corsair Dominator DHX DDR3 1600MHz 24GB

http://www.komplett.dk/img/p/400/9ed...b58965142f.jpg

PeterJensen 11-17-11 03:05 AM

Re: New parts incomming :)
 
Could take up to 8 days to get here :( I hate the ****ing wait time. If it gets here the same day as my ****ing new company car i will NOT know what to play with first! DAMMIT!

Redeemed 11-17-11 03:26 AM

Re: New parts incomming :)
 
Wow- the tragedies in life! :(


:lol:

Nice gear bro- that thing will be a beast of a rig for years to come. :)

PeterJensen 11-17-11 06:55 AM

Re: New parts incomming :)
 
Yea i will post some pics when the box of goodies get here :)

mullet 11-17-11 09:56 AM

Re: New parts incomming :)
 
Cool take many pics.

Rakeesh 11-17-11 03:52 PM

Re: New parts incomming :)
 
Not trying to thread crap, but 24GB is way overkill. Even on 8GB you shouldn't ever need to even have a page file; it's generally better to buy smaller but faster memory. But, memory being as cheap as it is right now, not a huge loss.

Roadhog 11-17-11 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rakeesh (Post 2502946)
Not trying to thread crap, but 24GB is way overkill. Even on 8GB you shouldn't ever need to even have a page file; it's generally better to buy smaller but faster memory. But, memory being as cheap as it is right now, not a huge loss.

Besides the fact that he can't have 24 GB in a quad channel motherboard, there is nothing wrong with having 24 GB. Maybe he wants to use a ram drive.

mullet 11-17-11 04:14 PM

Re: New parts incomming :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rakeesh (Post 2502946)
Not trying to thread crap, but 24GB is way overkill. Even on 8GB you shouldn't ever need to even have a page file; it's generally better to buy smaller but faster memory. But, memory being as cheap as it is right now, not a huge loss.

VM's

Redeemed 11-17-11 04:22 PM

Re: New parts incomming :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 2502959)
Besides the fact that he can't have 24 GB in a quad channel motherboard, there is nothing wrong with having 24 GB. Maybe he wants to use a ram drive.

Well it is physicall possible as there are 8 DIMM slots- 4x4GB + 4x2GB would equal 24GB and in Quad Channel if I'm not mistaken. And according to ASUS own website it supports up to 64GB of RAM.

Roadhog 11-17-11 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed (Post 2502964)
Well it is physicall possible as there are 8 DIMM slots- 4x4GB + 4x2GB would equal 24GB and in Quad Channel if I'm not mistaken. And according to ASUS own website it supports up to 64GB of RAM.

Yes, you can get 24 GB by mixing and matching sizes, but that never ends well. Also, he bought all the same size sticks...

Redeemed 11-17-11 04:41 PM

Re: New parts incomming :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 2502969)
Yes, you can get 24 GB by mixing and matching sizes, but that never ends well. Also, he bought all the same size sticks...

Never? :lol: See my sig, perfectly stable. :) But I agree he likely got the wrong kit. :lol:

mullet 11-17-11 04:49 PM

Re: New parts incomming :)
 
I would choose this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231315


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.