nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Official Batman Arkham City Feedback Thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=168957)

Mike89 11-21-11 08:06 PM

Official Batman Arkham City Feedback Thread

Looks like this game got bumped up a little. 10PM Pacific Time tonight.

Pennyboy 11-22-11 03:28 AM

Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike89 (Post 2504094)
Looks like this game got bumped up a little. 10PM Pacific Time tonight.

Pretty annoyed, New Zealand's release date on Steam is 25th of Nov :( Why can't this be released the same time as North America!! I can't even preload the thing!!

Peoples-Agent 11-22-11 05:32 AM

Already complaints. Turns out it's a shoddy port and unplayable with DX11 features.

Pre-order cancelled. Thank you America for your earlier release dates and testing.

BioHazZarD 11-22-11 05:53 AM

Well look here it looks the same with dx11 or not..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...448925&page=19

Peoples-Agent 11-22-11 05:54 AM

I'm really pissed off. Greenmangaming have refused a refund, store credit or anything and the game isn't even out yet. They are on my **** list now.

six_storm 11-22-11 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent (Post 2504199)
Already complaints. Turns out it's a shoddy port and unplayable with DX11 features.

Pre-order cancelled. Thank you America for your earlier release dates and testing.

Not trying to troll, but did you expect anything more than a port for PC? PC gamers got screwed again? Sorry to hear about that guys.

Bah! 11-22-11 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by six_storm (Post 2504204)
Not trying to troll, but did you expect anything more than a port for PC? PC gamers got screwed again? Sorry to hear about that guys.

The first Batman was far superior on the PC, so expecting the same from the second game seems justified to me.

Peoples-Agent 11-22-11 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by six_storm (Post 2504204)

I don't mind good ports, i'm happy with most of them tbh. Even happy with mouse acceleration and all that nastyness because i'm using a 360 pad for this one.

I used Arkham Asylum as the basis which is a fair judgement, no?

nVidia endorsed this game touting DX 11 features and to sell nVidia hardware, so unless they have a driver update in the pipeline this is a total sting.

People running 580 SLI and SB and can't even get 60 fps. lol

K007 11-22-11 07:03 AM

maybe there is a day1 patch :/...

one can only hope..or they purposely screwed it over on purpose.

Crow_Nest 11-22-11 07:07 AM

Damn totally forgot this game was coming out today! Been too busy with Skyrim. Gotta check out the stores tomorrow. Hopefully they sort things out with a patch.

six_storm 11-22-11 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent (Post 2504208)
I don't mind good ports, i'm happy with most of them tbh. Even happy with mouse acceleration and all that nastyness because i'm using a 360 pad for this one.

I used Arkham Asylum as the basis which is a fair judgement, no?

nVidia endorsed this game touting DX 11 features and to sell nVidia hardware, so unless they have a driver update in the pipeline this is a total sting.

People running 580 SLI and SB and can't even get 60 fps. lol

Fair enough. I thought that AA was a pretty good looking game. I would say play it in DX9 and be happy, but then again I know everyone here is DX11 crazy. ;)

LurkerLito 11-22-11 09:15 AM

D/Ling from GMG now. It started fast, now it's slow (<700kbps and falling) :(. At least steam is consistent at what speed you get usually. I wasn't too happy after reading some GMG reports on their return/refund policies after purchase of a preorder, but it still was the cheapest place I could get Batman AC so I knew I wouldn't be canceling the preorder. Though I won't preorder anything from them anymore unless I am sure about the game from now on.