nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   rFactor 2 onboard video of 1960s F2 @ Monaco (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=169080)

Shamrock 11-23-11 08:07 PM

rFactor 2 onboard video of 1960s F2 @ Monaco

This is to show off the physics and movement of everything. You can even see the brake lines move.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...Monaco-onboard

Direct link on youtube:

Tim Wheatley says the youtube video sounds like it's in a tin can, and the details were removed, I suggest going to the site, and downloading the full video (H264 is 1.82GB)

Cream 11-24-11 12:29 PM

Re: rFactor 2 onboard video of 1960s F2 @ Monaco

All I could notice was the dreadful pop up of textures and shadows. Hope its a beta build.

Shamrock 11-24-11 09:19 PM

Yes, it's beta. Should be out by the end of the year. They are just fine tuning.

iron99 11-25-11 05:26 PM

WOW, great stuff!

Thank You for posting Shamrock :).

GPL is coming back I hope, but with hopefully improved physics. GPL's graphics would be hard to improve on at it's current point of Mod'ing, but maybe rF2 will equal GPL.

Monaco in the 60's!! No silly chicanes, simply awesome :).

Looks like fun!

Burnt_Ram 11-30-11 10:44 AM

a bit off topic, but does anyone know if RF2 will have stock car racing? i played iracing for a bit but i just dont have the time to *rank up* in that game. it would be nice to just jump in a nascar game and run a super speedway race. man i miss Nascar Heat and NR2003 Season!

Burnt_Ram 11-30-11 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaWter (Post 2506532)
iRacing also offers a fun oval series that mostly runs on the Super Speedways (plus Charlotte which is also crazy fast). Due to the fact that it's not an official series, the quality of the races is not as good as usual but it allows for some kind of pick up races without any license restrictions.
Additionally, they opened up all practice sessions in all series to all users a few months ago. That means that you don't need the license level for a series anymore as long as you just do practice sessions.

You should definitely give iRacing another go. There is nothing that can compare to it, especially not on the oval side.

ok, so if i wanted to do some laps at say, Daytona, all i have to do i complete the practice session and i can race? no license restriction? and this applies to all nascar races?

Burnt_Ram 11-30-11 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaWter (Post 2506539)
You can practice in all cars at all tracks, if you bought them, without any restrictions. That applies to all series.
Joining a qualy, time trial or race session still requires a high enough license for that series.

BUT the fun series, which are non-official (no ratings and restrictions enabled), are open to everyone (you still need to own the content of course), practice, qualy and race sessions! On the oval side that currently includes races with the Impala SS Cup car at Daytona, Dega and Charlotte.
The quality of those races is not representative of the real/official racing experience in iRacing but it's good enough for some competitive online racing. And it'll most likely get you hooked to the service ;)

ok, thanks for explaining that slaWter. i might have to renew my sub and check it out.

StevePMo 12-04-11 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram (Post 2506510)
a bit off topic, but does anyone know if RF2 will have stock car racing? i played iracing for a bit but i just dont have the time to *rank up* in that game. it would be nice to just jump in a nascar game and run a super speedway race. man i miss Nascar Heat and NR2003 Season!

rf1 had stock cars, and several stock car mods, so I am sure there will be some sort of stock car racing in rf2 also.