nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Console World (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   XBOX 360 Fall update coming Dec. 6th (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=169084)

Hogrider 11-24-11 02:45 AM

XBOX 360 Fall update coming Dec. 6th

They announced it here http://majornelson.com/

Looking forward to it.

six_storm 11-25-11 06:55 PM

Re: XBOX 360 Fall update coming Dec. 6th

Same here. Just hope it doesn't RROD my XBOX lol.

Hogrider 11-25-11 09:23 PM

Yea the update before last did that to mine... or it was a hell of a coincidence. Never had any trouble with my Elite then bam! red rings. Luckily it had like a month left on the 3 year red ring warranty or whatever it was and it didn't cost anything to get it fixed.

ViN86 11-26-11 10:07 AM

Can't wait for the yearly XBL bans. :lol:

Hogrider 12-06-11 11:28 PM

Just downloaded the update an hour ago and XBOX Live is having problems with keeping people logged in, you can't log into Zune or Epix at all according to their staus update page. Should calm down once more people get the update.

Well it seems since the XBOX got the new update tonight it is now able to do 5.1 sound with Netflix. Not sure about 1080P, it does look better to me but how can you test to see if it is doing 1080P now?
To hear the 5.1 sound you have to select a movie that is labeled 5.1 (duh) like The Exorcist then in options select sound and subtitles then select Dolby Digital Plus. It seems like after you do this once it will default to Dolby Digital Plus when available.
One thing they removed that kind of sucks is the resume or start from beginning option when watching a movie on Netflix.

Hogrider 12-07-11 12:04 AM

Just saw a bug that slipped through. Go to apps and start Netflix using voice via your Kinect and read what it says when it launches Netflix. It has a foreign language for the word Launching. That's the only thing I've noticed it on

Hogrider 12-07-11 08:04 AM

Something weird is going on with the automatic color space selection. Before with the old XBOX interface when I would watch a video it would blink black for a minute while it changed color spaces and on my tv it would show a little box at the top telling me the resolution. Now it never changes no matter what I watch. Makes it a little more washed out in video but not badly. I see others complaining about it too on AVS Forum.

I also noticed another bug. When in Zune I was watching the new Ghost Rider trailer and at the bottom it was showing the microphone icon and it was trying to display words to tell you to say xbox but the words were cut off, same with the hand icon.

six_storm 12-07-11 08:08 AM

I won't be able to touch my XBOX until Friday probably so I can't give any impressions. Kotaku says that MS had problems with the servers last night but things are finally back to normal now.

Hogrider 12-07-11 08:35 AM

Yep it's back to normal now. Last night I was getting logged in and out more than Oprah going in and out of Krispy Kreme during a week.

Overall I really like this update.

ViN86 12-07-11 10:38 AM

Just updated. The Zune-like interface is pretty nice. Also, it didn't slow down despite the update. :thumbsup:

Hogrider 12-07-11 08:36 PM

The rewind and fast forward in Netflix is lame. I liked the old way it was easier to see where you were at in the movie.

Hogrider 12-07-11 11:11 PM

Someone on AVS Forum said if you use the Kinect hand motion to rewind and fast forward in Netflix by grabbing the timeline and pulling it to the frame you want then swiping down to play it is very accurate and nice. So I guess the little box it shows when rew and ffw is just for the Kinect otherwise it is useless.