nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Alan Wake coming to the PC (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=170262)

JohnDio 12-13-11 06:24 AM

Alan Wake coming to the PC

Steam’s registry indicates that Alan Wake is coming to the PC

Quote:

This is huge, this is really huge. According to Steam’s registry, Alan Wake is coming to the PC. Although we don’t have any specific release date, we do know that those registry entries are as valid as they can get. We’ve also captured a screen from this registry entry that can be viewed bellow. In case you were unaware of, Sonic Generations’ PC version was leaked in the same way, so there is no doubt about the validity of the source. Steam’s registry does not lie, that’s a fact. Bottom line is that Alan Wake is coming to the PC, it’s semi-official now.

Let’s also not forget Remedy’s Aki Järvilehto statement:

“We have received feedback from a lot of PC gamers, and I have to admit that yes, we somehow ignored that. Let’s see if in the near future we could have some positive news to tell you about dating!”

This can be easily translated as “We are developing it and will let you know about its release date”. The key word here is dating. Aki could easily had stated that they might have some good news about the development of a potential PC version. But no, Aki intentionally used the word ‘dating’ which hints to a future release of Alan Wake to the PC.

Rejoice PC gamers, it’s coming!

FlakMagnet 12-13-11 06:35 AM

Re: Alan Wake coming to the PC

Was it any good in the end? I kind of lost interest in it after it went 'console only'.

jlippo 12-13-11 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlakMagnet (Post 2510364)
Was it any good in the end? I kind of lost interest in it after it went 'console only'.

It was athmospheric shooter with very clear paths from point A to B, no free roaming.

Vardant 12-13-11 08:10 AM

Not buying it.

Going from a PC exclusive game to multiplatform to Xbox exclusive(=butchering the whole concept due to console limitations) and then announcing, you might actually make a PC version, because, let's be honest the game didn't sell well is not winning you any favors.

mailman2 12-13-11 08:16 AM

they can stick their console crap. Too late, don't care.

I wouldnt insult my PC with drivel like this.

JasonPC 12-13-11 08:21 AM

I knew this would happen. It sold horribly on the xbox and they want to push dlc when there's really not much interest.

Q 12-13-11 08:54 AM

It was one of the best games I've ever played. It's very late, but when it comes to PC you would really be missing out if you didn't play it. If you were buying into the original hype, you'll likely be disappointed. Yes, there is no free roaming. Yes, it's very point A to point B. But the story telling and atmosphere are second to none. The "light as a weapon" actually works well and creates options and opportunities in combat.

You should pass on the 2 DLC's unless you were crazy about the combat. They don't advance the story at all and are a rehash of the existing levels for the most part. There are maybe one or two story pieces that you'll miss.... but my wife and I just watched someone play through it on youtube instead of actually buying it.

Yaboze 12-13-11 09:45 AM

It was good, very linear as they say, but I liked it.

astonish 12-13-11 10:01 AM

This could be the new Alan wake game that was just announced a couple days ago

G@merX 12-13-11 10:49 AM

I thought it was decent, it's just a shame it didn't come out on PC at the same time as the 360 version, using all the bells and whistles of dx10 that were promised

Hate to sound like such a pc gamer (negative lol) but at this point, I'm assuming it will be a half-hearted port with console/low res textures, not much change, maybe an added level..

Too little, too late.

jkmetal 12-13-11 12:17 PM

Original alan wake was fantastic. Would love to play it again on pc with all dlc. If its the new alan wake.. that great too, although I kind of wish that they had ended alan wake at the end of the first game. The story was so good that it deserved a real resolution. (don't get me started on games and cliffhangers..)

Oh another thing.. What a snooty PC elitist we have here... "Insult my pc with drivel like this?" Really?

i SPY 12-13-11 12:32 PM

they better make it Dx11 noobs :P