nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Star Wars: The Old Republic (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=170295)

Bah! 12-13-11 01:37 PM

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Can't believe there isn't a release thread on this game yet. I've been playing all morning and it's amazing.

Anyone else playing or soon to be playing?

hirantha 12-13-11 02:30 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

You got in? Gratz!

I pre-ordred mine early december, so i won't be that lucky getting in early. :(

Maverick123w 12-13-11 02:51 PM

I just hit 12 loving it

hirantha 12-13-11 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick123w (Post 2510492)
I just hit 12 loving it

Bastard!! :mad: and i'm here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the email.

ElL33t 12-14-11 03:17 AM

The staggered access times is brilliant. It doesn't flood everyone into the same zone and crash the servers.

The game is damn solid. Just some graphical bugs in my head every once in a while. I played the Republic side in the betas and am on the Empire side with my guild now. The dark side is SOOOO much better. Frigging love it.

Level 11 bounty hunter.

Bah! 12-14-11 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElL33t (Post 2510651)
The staggered access times is brilliant. It doesn't flood everyone into the same zone and crash the servers.

The game is damn solid. Just some graphical bugs in my head every once in a while. I played the Republic side in the betas and am on the Empire side with my guild now. The dark side is SOOOO much better. Frigging love it.

Level 11 bounty hunter.

I made the mistake of playing the BH in beta. I love the way this game is all story based, and voiced over, but playing through the same quests again with the same class is boring. Luckily I only made it to level 10 in beta so I should be through all the stuff I already know soon. I've been playing a couple other classes as well and loving every minute of it.

Ghosthunter 12-14-11 10:03 AM

i am still waiting for my email, but did not preorder until I think Nov 8th, so might not be until the weekend.

I am doing bounty hunter as well

ElL33t 12-14-11 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bah! (Post 2510655)
I made the mistake of playing the BH in beta. I love the way this game is all story based, and voiced over, but playing through the same quests again with the same class is boring. Luckily I only made it to level 10 in beta so I should be through all the stuff I already know soon. I've been playing a couple other classes as well and loving every minute of it.

I did the same but stopped after i knew it was the class i wanted. That's why I played the Republic side, though playing the republic side can kill the game for you. It is so blah compared to the empire.

Yaboze 12-14-11 10:39 AM

What servers are you guys on?

StoNer 12-14-11 02:21 PM

I just got into the early access this morning.

I'm currently playing on Port Nowhere - East Coast PVP server.

I hope AMD fixes some of these graphical glitches quickly now that the game is releasing.

Anyone on nVidia cards seeing any kind of artifacting like this? I had a few friends test it during beta and they all had it, but they're on Radeons like myself.

It only happens in certain spots, and usually originates from the neon lights that are sometimes present in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/pQWrh.jpg

hirantha 12-14-11 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoNer (Post 2510845)
I just got into the early access this morning.

I'm currently playing on Port Nowhere - East Coast PVP server.

I hope AMD fixes some of these graphical glitches quickly now that the game is releasing.

Anyone on nVidia cards seeing any kind of artifacting like this? I had a few friends test it during beta and they all had it, but they're on Radeons like myself.

It only happens in certain spots, and usually originates from the neon lights that are sometimes present in the game.

When did you pre-order to get the access today?

StoNer 12-14-11 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirantha (Post 2510854)
When did you pre-order to get the access today?

August 10th

I heard they made it into September for early access invites today.