nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Software (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Firefox 9.0 Final (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=170771)

DSC 12-21-11 02:48 AM

Firefox 9.0 Final
 
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2011/12...-to-30-faster/

Firefox 9.0 Final released, now with 30% more performance.

Q 12-21-11 10:00 AM

Re: Firefox 9.0 Final
 
Seems a little bit snappier. Lets see if it locks up playing Flash like 7/8 did all the time.

six_storm 12-21-11 10:25 AM

Re: Firefox 9.0 Final
 
I just wanted to say that I laughed when I saw this news. :rofl

Q 12-21-11 11:02 AM

Re: Firefox 9.0 Final
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by six_storm (Post 2512913)
I just wanted to say that I laughed when I saw this news. :rofl

Firefox is still the best choice out of several bad options. Yes, Firefox is a bad option but its still the only browser that meets the needs of power users. Extensions in Chrome are just weak and flaky with a few reservations. And don't get me started on bookmark management.

Let's just hope that Chrome overtaking Firefox's market position helps them get a fire lit under their asses.

frenchy2k1 12-21-11 11:54 AM

Re: Firefox 9.0 Final
 
Chrome is the best browser out of the box.
Firefox is nice and configurable, but until they fix their memory management issues, you need quite a bit of RAM to use it (or restart it regularly).
My way of browsing is to open lots of tabs at once and read some while the rest loads. Firefox fails miserably in that case at it will NOT give the memory back. All other browser grow with the tab amount, but all except firefox shrink back once I close the tabs. This is why my main browser is now chrome and I use firefox + adblock/noscript as the 2nd one (both open usually, anyway).

six_storm 12-21-11 12:14 PM

Re: Firefox 9.0 Final
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Q (Post 2512927)
Firefox is still the best choice out of several bad options. Yes, Firefox is a bad option but its still the only browser that meets the needs of power users. Extensions in Chrome are just weak and flaky with a few reservations. And don't get me started on bookmark management.

Let's just hope that Chrome overtaking Firefox's market position helps them get a fire lit under their asses.

Firefox is like Android, a new version every other week. What a joke.

Until Firefox becomes more lightweight and stops hogging my resources, then I may go back to it. Actually, until Chrome starts to suck real bad, then I'll go back to Firefox. The extensions for Chrome work just fine.

Q 12-21-11 12:51 PM

Re: Firefox 9.0 Final
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by six_storm (Post 2512976)
Firefox is like Android, a new version every other week. What a joke.

Until Firefox becomes more lightweight and stops hogging my resources, then I may go back to it. Actually, until Chrome starts to suck real bad, then I'll go back to Firefox. The extensions for Chrome work just fine.

But Chrome started that!

Then again, Chrome did it right from the start and ensured that they created a stable plugin structure that would be transparent to updates.

Firefox has gotten much better with startup and memory usage, and they are integrating a memory cleanup/management tool in the near future. (I thought i was going to be in 9....). And Chrome honestly isn't much better. If you have a handful of extensions and tabs open, just try digging through your task manager in Windows. It's a nightmare.

Chrome is great out of the box and is likely the perfect browser for the vast majority of systems. Again, compare the bookmark management for Chrome and FF. FF is far better and that is important to me since I have a large number of bookmarks. Along those same lines, the Chrome version of Xmarks is very poor compared to the FF version.

Roadhog 12-21-11 01:44 PM

Re: Firefox 9.0 Final
 
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Kris/tab.png

Bah! 12-24-11 12:03 AM

Re: Firefox 9.0 Final
 
I'm really sick of all the Firefox updates, but whatever they did in this last version fixed the problems with this site running super slow. Either that or something was fixed here in the last couple of days because I'm back to instant page loads when for the last couple of months it's been like molasses.

pollostar 02-25-12 06:33 AM

Re: Firefox 9.0 Final
 
You should try chrome .Its very light and has good speed for surfing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.