nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Steam support SUCKS!!!! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=172040)

LurkerLito 01-12-12 06:06 PM

Steam support SUCKS!!!!

Two days ago I got a message my steam account was suspended. No reason give just contact support. So I did immediately, 2 F**King days ago. No reply yet, no phone number, no chat box, some ancient "I'll get to you whenever I feel like it" web support portal that doesn't even tell you anything like when they might grace you with help. Apparently there is no priority system. Last time I contacted support was for a trivial bug report regarding print receipt not working, thought it took them so long to get back to me because it wasn't really a high priority problem, but I guess I was wrong. Suspended account, that is the very definition of a f**king important, high priority, get off your a** and get in contact with the f**king customer kind of problem.

There should be a law that a "service" type company like Steam can't jerk around users for support that have account access issues within 24 hours or they are fined. Hell it should be illegal that steam a service located in the USA does NOT have a f**king phone number to call for support on account related issues.

ViN86 01-12-12 07:00 PM

Re: Steam support SUCKS!!!!

A little Google search shows that they do have a phone number (425-889-9642) but it won't help you, because you need to file a ticket to get support. Also, if you file too many tickets they mark it as spam. So you're at their mercy. :(

K007 01-13-12 01:08 AM

let us know how this goes...

i dont think they would just randomly suspend accounts without a good reason.

LurkerLito 01-13-12 08:50 AM

Still nothing.

Suspensions can occur because of someone else trying to use the account according to the FAQ, but I only use the account on one PC. I can't see how anyone could have used it considering I have steam guard on and I haven't gotten that email that you get the verification code when steam guard does it's thing.

I thought maybe something went wrong with my CC when I bought the $1.25 game the day before the suspension. Like maybe the bank flagged the charge since the steam sale did just end and I placed several orders of small amounts over several days, but that isn't it since all charges are there and is posted on my CC activity. So now I really have no clue at all.

I really think their whole system is flawed now that I am experiencing it where there is an urgency. They basically cut off the customer completely for some issue with the account. They didn't even try to contact the customer via email as to why. You'd think that contacting the customer would be priority one. Steam to me is like a bank, I have several thousand dollars invested in there, they detected a problem locked the account which would seem reasonable, but they gave me no notice except me not being able to access it, then gave me no way to quickly contact them other than going through some physical mail address located across the country with no other delivery option but horse. It's just pathetic. If they don't have the ability to get back to people in 24 hours then they don't have enough people and should hire some more.

EciDemon 01-13-12 10:24 AM

This truly sucks. Dunno what's worse, the lack of support or that no reason was given upon suspension.
Having one system governing all your games in a case like this becomes quite a weakness so you'd expect good support and clear reasons.

Destroy 01-13-12 08:58 PM

Should be a law that all companies must contact customer requests within 48hours or they start accruing a fine paid towards the customer.

See more and more companies hiding behind no phone number and ignoring emails all the time.

Spartan 117 01-13-12 09:33 PM

Welcome to Corporate America where profits are number 1 priority over customer service. I hope you get this resolved, it's odd your account was suspended for no reason.

LurkerLito 01-14-12 01:28 PM

Well I got a reply back today. Apparently, one of the games I bought during the sale, steam says my bank did a charge back on. So I called the bank, and they have no record of the purchase ever being done so there is nothing they can do on their end. So I am basically stuck in limbo again while I wait for reply from steam on how to resolve this. It's a nightmare. For some reason I don't think they'll go with my suggestion of just redoing the charge.

Q 01-14-12 01:41 PM

I had to deal with Steam support years ago.... it was just as bad as this story. I had hoped they became more responsive due to their massive expansion and our reliance as PC gamers on their platform.

LurkerLito 01-14-12 02:44 PM

Worst is they could have done this better than just suspending the account completely. They could have suspended the account 24 hours to get your attention rapidly, then locked the account so no more buying or trading, removed the game with the dispute then pop up dialog boxes every time I ran a game or started steam to contact support cause game X was removed due to a charge back issue.

A $2.49 game is now the cause of me being unable to play any of the other 400 games on my steam list. And it seems the wait between replies for me at the moment is an estimated 3.5 days.

musman 01-14-12 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LurkerLito (Post 2519861)
Worst is they could have done this better than just suspending the account completely. They could have suspended the account 24 hours to get your attention rapidly, then locked the account so no more buying or trading, removed the game with the dispute then pop up dialog boxes every time I ran a game or started steam to contact support cause game X was removed due to a charge back issue.

A $2.49 game is now the cause of me being unable to play any of the other 400 games on my steam list. And it seems the wait between replies for me at the moment is an estimated 3.5 days.

Nice you have purchased 400 games from them and 1 single $2.49 game purchase has a problem and they lock you out lol.

bob saget 01-14-12 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musman (Post 2519881)
Nice you have purchased 400 games from them and 1 single $2.49 game purchase has a problem and they lock you out lol.

Why should it matter how many games a person has purchased?