nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Darkness 2 up for pre-order on steam (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=172292)

Cylphid 01-16-12 03:06 PM

The Darkness 2 up for pre-order on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/67370/

I never played the first one. Looks like it might be fun, nothing AAA though imo.

EDIT: sorry if this has been posted already

nutcrackr 01-16-12 11:22 PM

Re: The Darkness 2 up for pre-order on steam

I'm going to wait for the demo, 24th of Jan on PC. Might have jumped on it if it wasn't priced at $90usd for me

Cylphid 01-17-12 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcrackr (Post 2520405)
I'm going to wait for the demo, 24th of Jan on PC. Might have jumped on it if it wasn't priced at $90usd for me

ouch! on the $90!

Yeah, waiting on the demo here too. The trailer didn't give me that "gotta have it" feeling.

FastRedPonyCar 01-22-12 09:39 PM

I got the first one on teh 360. bought it used on ebay for around fifteen bucks.

the developers did an AMA on reddit not too long ago discussing this second game and how they're (claiming) making legit attempts to do the PC version some justice.

I chimed in and basically told them that PC users expect proper DX11, higher resolution textures and a decent amount of graphics customization and proper FOV support and that simply being able to run the game at higher than 720p does not equal better looking.

I didn't get a reply from them so who knows if they read it or cared but I got a few replies from others pretty much saying I was wasting my breath and that there aren't any developers who care about PC and to deal with whatever it is they happen to put out on pc and just to be glad I get anything.

Cylphid 01-25-12 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar (Post 2521937)
I got the first one on teh 360. bought it used on ebay for around fifteen bucks.

the developers did an AMA on reddit not too long ago discussing this second game and how they're (claiming) making legit attempts to do the PC version some justice.

I chimed in and basically told them that PC users expect proper DX11, higher resolution textures and a decent amount of graphics customization and proper FOV support and that simply being able to run the game at higher than 720p does not equal better looking.

I didn't get a reply from them so who knows if they read it or cared but I got a few replies from others pretty much saying I was wasting my breath and that there aren't any developers who care about PC and to deal with whatever it is they happen to put out on pc and just to be glad I get anything.

I think I'll wait for reviews and feedback....:)

FastRedPonyCar 01-25-12 07:41 AM

same here. First one is fun but I have a pile of games waiting to be played as it is.

BioHazZarD 01-25-12 08:13 AM

Demo was out since yesterday or so.. very short but fun at least. FOV is a joke feels 60 or something.. what a suprise..

K007 01-25-12 08:48 AM

eh..for $90USD..too much..

Cylphid 01-25-12 11:57 AM

Ah, didn't know the demo was out Biohazzard, thanks! Will try it tonight maybe and give some impressions.

Destroy 01-25-12 05:18 PM

Might be decent fun if they fix the FOV, it sucks as is.

Ywap 01-29-12 10:10 AM

Jebuz, are they trying to scare people away by releasing a demo with a FOV of 25?

I hate the look of cell shading so i wouldn´t have bothered anyway.

|MaguS| 01-29-12 11:03 AM

The game looks great but its one of those retarded games that if you have an X360 Controller plugged in the game will only prompt you its keys even if your using the K&M.