nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is Duke Nukem Forever worth 3.74? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=173283)

XDanger 02-01-12 10:45 AM

Is Duke Nukem Forever worth 3.74?
 
Its on steam for that price,

Forgetting the years of waiting and the hype, objectively speaking just wondering if its worth it?

Blade 02-01-12 12:20 PM

Re: Is Duke Nukem Forever worth 3.74?
 
No sale.

XP_GUN 02-01-12 01:38 PM

Re: Is Duke Nukem Forever worth 3.74?
 
Might get more joy burning $5 I only wish I waited instead I payed $59 :headexplode:

mailman2 02-01-12 08:26 PM

Re: Is Duke Nukem Forever worth 3.74?
 
It is a waste of space even at free. I know I own it.

snowmanwithahat 02-01-12 08:50 PM

Re: Is Duke Nukem Forever worth 3.74?
 
I'd say it's definitely worth it just because of the comedic value, it's hilariously bad.

MowTin 02-01-12 11:05 PM

Re: Is Duke Nukem Forever worth 3.74?
 
It's old school. You shoot things. There are some jokes.

Games today have become so elaborate with stories and atmosphere and RPG elements. Duke is just about shooting things. It's a breath of fresh air. There should be more first person shooters.

mailman2 02-01-12 11:13 PM

Re: Is Duke Nukem Forever worth 3.74?
 
Duke was so dumb it was insulting though... not how I remember it.

Bah! 02-02-12 12:42 AM

Re: Is Duke Nukem Forever worth 3.74?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MowTin (Post 2525173)
It's old school. You shoot things. There are some jokes.

Games today have become so elaborate with stories and atmosphere and RPG elements. Duke is just about shooting things. It's a breath of fresh air. There should be more first person shooters.

There are plenty of plain old shooters out there. If you want humor (which Duke sorely lacks) and old school shooting play any of the Serious Sam games.

Duke Forever isn't worth buying at any price, and it's certainly not a breath of fresh air...unless your idea of fresh air is manure.

crainger 02-02-12 04:28 AM

Re: Is Duke Nukem Forever worth 3.74?
 
PC version, yeah it's worth it. You prob play it and never play again, but at that prices, it's like going to see an ok movie.

Bah! 02-02-12 06:33 AM

Re: Is Duke Nukem Forever worth 3.74?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger (Post 2525210)
PC version, yeah it's worth it. You prob play it and never play again, but at that prices, it's like going to see an ok movie.

The price isn't the problem, it's the time wasted. There are far too many good games out there than to even waste a minute playing garbage.

FastRedPonyCar 02-02-12 10:06 AM

Re: Is Duke Nukem Forever worth 3.74?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bah! (Post 2525230)
The price isn't the problem, it's the time wasted. There are far too many good games out there than to even waste a minute playing garbage.

This.

If you're going to play a game mindlessly shooting things and get witty one liners, at least play serious sam 3. It's the game that DNF only wishes it could have been.

frenchy2k1 02-02-12 01:42 PM

Re: Is Duke Nukem Forever worth 3.74?
 
+1 for Serious Sam 3.
Been playing it coop with a friend and having lots of fun.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.