nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Check your battle.net accounts - D3 beta approvals sent out (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=173296)

FastRedPonyCar 02-01-12 01:04 PM

Check your battle.net accounts - D3 beta approvals sent out

Looks like a lot of guys that requested to participate in the diablo III beta got approval today.

I checked and sure enough, there it was waiting for me.

Looks like they may be rolling out a lot as it seems the diablo reddit is flooding with guys who got it today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/d2f19eb5.jpg

ViN86 02-01-12 01:45 PM

Re: Check your battle.net accounts - D3 beta approvals sent out

Is online play in Diablo III going to have a fee?

FastRedPonyCar 02-01-12 02:04 PM

online should be free just like diablo II was/is.

ViN86 02-01-12 02:05 PM

Nice, I heard rumors they wanted to charge for online play.

K007 02-01-12 04:04 PM

did u get a email?

FastRedPonyCar 02-01-12 04:19 PM

nope :/

Download is CREEPING. 270kb/sec. servers must be getting hammered.

|MaguS| 02-01-12 04:21 PM

I've been in the beta.kind of got me depressed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

FastRedPonyCar 02-01-12 04:58 PM

why cause it isn't out yet and you can only have so much fun in the first act?

|MaguS| 02-01-12 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar (Post 2525093)
why cause it isn't out yet and you can only have so much fun in the first act?

No because it pales in comparison to Diablo 2. They gimped it to no end... I mean I don't know WTF Blizzard is thinking. They give you unidentified items but you can identify them with a right click, no scrolls or skills needed. whats the point of then making them unidentified? You don't choose skills or put points into your character, you just select the skill they give you at that level and that's it. There is no customization outside of armor choices...

While playing it you can easily tell a lot of the design is geared to payed auctions that Blizzard/Activision gets a cut of.

FastRedPonyCar 02-01-12 05:48 PM

i hated identifying stuff. I say good for them for taking that headache out. micromanaging stat points wasn't my idea of fun in d2 either.

I had a couple of really devastating hammerdins I built but there wasn't a lot of fun to it... just grind through dungeons for XP to put points towards skills and try to find unique weapons/armor/items that catered towards my build. It was a micromanaging stats build simulator with no real fun or game to it.

that was all after I played through it a couple of times without really paying much attention to what I was doing with stats and stuff and THAT was when I had fun playing it.

|MaguS| 02-01-12 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar (Post 2525108)
i hated identifying stuff. I say good for them for taking that headache out. micromanaging stat points wasn't my idea of fun in d2 either.

I had a couple of really devastating hammerdins I built but there wasn't a lot of fun to it... just grind through dungeons for XP to put points towards skills and try to find unique weapons/armor/items that catered towards my build. It was a micromanaging stats build simulator with no real fun or game to it.

that was all after I played through it a couple of times without really paying much attention to what I was doing with stats and stuff and THAT was when I had fun playing it.

Then clearly you really weren't into Diablo 2 then. And again you still need to Identify stuff, just now it doesn't cost you anything but a cool down, my question is why even put unidentified items in the game if all it takes is a right click to identify them. It sounds to me they kept it in the game just to add that Diablo feel without actual gameplay reasoning behind it.

And stats are needed in the game to differentiate your character. If Armor is the only thing that makes a character different then that is just stupid.

Bah! 02-02-12 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 2525130)
Then clearly you really weren't into Diablo 2 then. And again you still need to Identify stuff, just now it doesn't cost you anything but a cool down, my question is why even put unidentified items in the game if all it takes is a right click to identify them. It sounds to me they kept it in the game just to add that Diablo feel without actual gameplay reasoning behind it.

And stats are needed in the game to differentiate your character. If Armor is the only thing that makes a character different then that is just stupid.

They've done the same thing to WoW with the new expansion. Instead of three skill trees and 75 talent points to spend you get no skill trees and 6 talents to choose from across 90 levels.

Blizzard isn't happy with the millions of fans they have, they are trying to get everyone playing games. In order for that to work you have to dumb the games down to a level that even the cow clickers can play it.

http://www.bogost.com/blog/cow_clicker_1.shtml

Welcome to the new Blizzard.