nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=173502)

K007 02-05-12 02:29 AM

No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III
 
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...-in-diablo-iii
http://www.diablowiki.net/images/thu...capitation.jpg

BioHazZarD 02-05-12 05:13 PM

Re: No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III
 
Jep really lame excuses considering the funds they have they should have the best programmers in the industry...

jeffmd 02-05-12 06:49 PM

Re: No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III
 
Bio hazzard, grats for making the most debunked myth of all time. Time and time again blizz has covered why they can't simply hire tons of artist to create new art.

One thing to note is that diablo 3 is NOT your traditional game. In blizzard style it will get content updates and things that were not finished and left out on release will be completed and added later.

nutcrackr 02-06-12 01:42 AM

Re: No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III
 
Nice of them to show us that back in 2008 then.

de><ta 02-06-12 09:40 AM

Re: No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III
 
They want a Teen rating for this game, so that it sell more copies? Just my opinion.

jeffmd 02-06-12 12:17 PM

Re: No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III
 
Somehow with the piles of corpses, blood, and death, i doubt the removal of these fatalities will lessen the difference between a teen and 18 rating.

frenchy2k1 02-06-12 12:37 PM

Re: No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III
 
how surprising, they have to weight importance and development time against resources.
Color me surprised (NOT!)

Having completed the Beta this week end, and not dying, can't say it really mattered. It's very polished though, you can feel it and this is where Blizzard shines.

They will not just include anything unless it will just work. And getting things to "just work" takes a huge amount of time, effort and polish.

ElL33t 02-06-12 01:39 PM

Re: No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III
 
Why does anyone care? It has no bearing on the game being good or not. The things gamers worry about will never cease to amaze me.

Cylphid 02-06-12 03:07 PM

Re: No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchy2k1 (Post 2526402)
how surprising, they have to weight importance and development time against resources.
Color me surprised (NOT!)

Having completed the Beta this week end, and not dying, can't say it really mattered. It's very polished though, you can feel it and this is where Blizzard shines.

They will not just include anything unless it will just work. And getting things to "just work" takes a huge amount of time, effort and polish.

But they might break the "release and fix it later" industry standard that developers have been adhering too. The ramifications are .... mind boggling...











:p

Zelda_fan 02-06-12 10:24 PM

Re: No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BioHazZarD (Post 2526237)
Jep really lame excuses considering the funds they have they should have the best programmers in the industry...

Anyone who has every run a business knows you can't just throw money at a problem to fix it. There's a lot of logistical issues when you hire programmers on a massive scale like that.

BioHazZarD 02-07-12 11:34 AM

Re: No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III
 
I still find it hard to believe it would be that difficult its just lame exuse to make the game more WoW friendly and nothing else.

Q 02-07-12 11:37 AM

Re: No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda_fan (Post 2526543)
Anyone who has every run a business knows you can't just throw money at a problem to fix it. There's a lot of logistical issues when you hire programmers on a massive scale like that.

DING DING DING

Especially true in software development. Every project adds a month to it's completion. Or at least that's how the adage goes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.