nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   21,000+ 3DMarks on a 9700 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1746)

Megatron 09-11-02 01:04 PM

21,000+ 3DMarks on a 9700

Pretty impressive if your into the 3DMark thing.
Now how long will it be before they add this and the other 20,000+ score to the hall of fame and displace some of those Tis.

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4449807

volt 09-11-02 01:21 PM

FSB 9729 MHz

w0rd

ibGoodEnuf 09-11-02 07:52 PM

Dude,

You need to displace THIS ti before talking smack. It may also help for you to be able to recognize a phony score when you see it.

Matthyahuw 09-12-02 12:41 AM

all scores are phony now, no one should be going by it...

Gator 09-12-02 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Matthyahuw
all scores are phony now, no one should be going by it...
this is true to some extent by people who overclock. The problem is 3dmark appears to be VERY senstitive to FSB being above 133. And there is some cheeziness to scores sometimes.

Case point: I get about 9600 in 3dmark. A guy I found on the forums got 8600 with an AMD Duron + fsb of 144mhz and a R8500 64ddr. Clearly his system is weaker than mine, yet he only fell a 1000 points behind. This has mostly to do with his FSB, and because he didnt even run half the tests. So I tried running only the tests he run, and behold I gained 200 points myself.

So are there "cheaters" out there, to some extent yes. Is it always intentional, in the case of overclockers no, unless they're knowingly messing with their FSB making their system only stable for a couple minutes so that they can get that 3dmark up just a little higher... LOL :rolleyes:

Megatron 09-12-02 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ibGoodEnuf
Dude,
You need to displace THIS ti before talking smack. It may also help for you to be able to recognize a phony score when you see it.

LOL...ok..how bout dropping your rig to defaults, and Ill displace your score before you can finish typing a reply mr 147 Mhz Bus.

All you got was 12,000 points while jacking your bus that high..be silent please.I got 11,700 on strict defaults.Chances are that a VidCard core OC would put me at your score without even touching my FSB.

And i wasnt talking smack at all, just read at madonion that the record/barrier had been broken, the first at like 20,009 points then the one i posted above that. Thought it was impressive.

As for the phony score comment, im assuming you mean the FSB it noted? It may help you to realize that these kind of reports happen all the time,

Example here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&threadid=1470

,some people get wrong FSB reports, some get things that say "not run at defaults settings, etc etc"
Doesnt make the score fake.

Kruno 09-12-02 08:10 AM

That would be me.

Quote:

Originally posted by Gator

this is true to some extent by people who overclock. The problem is 3dmark appears to be VERY senstitive to FSB being above 133. And there is some cheeziness to scores sometimes.

Case point: I get about 9600 in 3dmark. A guy I found on the forums got 8600 with an AMD Duron + fsb of 144mhz and a R8500 64ddr. Clearly his system is weaker than mine, yet he only fell a 1000 points behind. This has mostly to do with his FSB, and because he didnt even run half the tests. So I tried running only the tests he run, and behold I gained 200 points myself.

So are there "cheaters" out there, to some extent yes. Is it always intentional, in the case of overclockers no, unless they're knowingly messing with their FSB making their system only stable for a couple minutes so that they can get that 3dmark up just a little higher... LOL :rolleyes:

ibGoodEnuf 09-12-02 11:07 AM

I will be happy to run at stock speeds, even though that will give you an advantage in raw CPU speed as your proc is a 2000+ and mine is a 1900+. You obviously are going to need some advantage as your card aint one. I will post default score ASAP.

ps: When stating your score you say "11700", when stating mine you understate it by approx. 350 pts. I would love to see you on a good ctf q3 server so that I might show you just how well my ti works for me.

Megatron 09-12-02 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ibGoodEnuf
You obviously are going to need some advantage as your card aint one. I will post default score ASAP.
ROFL...you obviously need to wake up here. The 9700 isnt an advantage in 3DMark over a..Ti4600? Cmon man...i doubt ANYONE even on this board will concur with that.
Its obvious you are in denial here. Im sorry you paid the same price for your Ti and still want to believe its the fastest thing since Dale Earnheardt...but sorry...its not...

Quote:

I would love to see you on a good ctf q3 server so that I might show you just how well my ti works for me.
LOL again...Q3?? Gimme a break man..if you like team oriented gameplay or Capture the flag..just what the heck are you doing playing Quake3 for...just stop the nonsense.
When UT2k3 is out..Ill meet up with you and show you your Ti cant keep up.
Ill gladly play you in anything more current.
I dont play, or give a rats ass about Q3....and havent for 2+ years now.

lol...wasting new vidcards on Q3...gee even a GF3 gets 200+fps in that weak engine doesnt it? So if you killed me in Q3 thats supposed to be indicative of your cards performance?:p

ibGoodEnuf 09-12-02 01:41 PM

Quote:

lol...wasting new vidcards on Q3...gee even a GF3 gets 200+fps in that weak engine doesnt it?
Weak engine? Hmmmm? Played RTCW?, Mohaa?, Jedi Knight?
I guess not since you are unable to recognize the supremacy of this engine at this point in time, there would be no point in trying to explain it to you. :rolleyes:

-=DVS=- 09-12-02 02:06 PM

Why don't we test 3dmark 2k1 at setting you use in games like 16xAF and 4xAA and then lets see how your GF4 performs :D

ibGoodEnuf 09-12-02 03:38 PM

I can understand why you guys are so sandy: you both are scoring about 3000 points under what you should be. Unquestionably you both own a card that has shown a measure of supremacy over my current one, but you cant make them run for s**t. Put a 9700 in my machine and I score 14000+ guaranteed.