black screen appears after updating the newest nvidia-drivers
When updating the new nvidia-linux-drivers and configuring the XF86Config-4, there is only a black screen appearing (When returning to the gui (init 5)). There is nothing to do, just push the reset-button.
I replaced "nv" with "nvidia" as the readme instructs me to do. The lines which have to be removed weren't there and the lines which have to be added have already been there.
So I checked the "/var/log/XF86Config.0.log" where I found the following error:
(EE) [GLX]: Failed to add GLX extension (NVIDIA XFree86 driver not found) (maybe it can help you)
An excerpt from my XF86Config-4:
My motherboard: Gigabyte GA7ZX
Distribution: Mandrake 9.1
Driver: the newest one, I don't remember the exact number
Thanks for checking that!
(Hey, I'm a German, so don't care about my english-writing-skills...;))
1. from a shell, go to singleuser mode (init 3) as root
2. sh Nvidia......
3. if u have a custom kernel, it will attempt to build the module.
4. edit your XFree86-4 file (i still see "nv" in there instead of "nvidia"!)
5. after you done installing, type "depmod ae" and then "insmod nvidia"
6. try "startx"...if it works, then do init 5
post back results
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.