nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Doom 4 leaked screenshots (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=175018)

BioHazZarD 02-29-12 04:15 AM

Doom 4 leaked screenshots

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/02/...ed-leaked.html

what do you think? its gonna take place on earth.

nutcrackr 02-29-12 04:21 AM

Re: Doom 4 leaked screenshots

Looks like Rage :/

jcrox 02-29-12 07:02 AM

Of course it looks like Rage... they weren't going to spend all that time building a new engine and then throw it away after 1 game.

I'm really looking forward to Doom 4. Rage wasn't a great game by any means but if they can translate those graphics and character movements into Doom 4 it should be a pretty sweet game.

astonish 02-29-12 10:50 AM

Looks so blurry and watered down. I kinda think the megatexture tech was a mistake. I didn't think rage was that bad of a game, but it certainly wasn't great. Visually it had its moments, but it had some seriously ugly bits too and more than anything the game world felt so static. I went back to play rage a second time and just couldn't do it.

If they went all out retro with lots of enemies and a high speed this could be great... otherwise id seems to have immense trouble making a modern game. Lets hope they can bring in some new design talent.

ViN86 02-29-12 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcrackr (Post 2532363)
Looks like Rage :/

Yep... can't wait for Doom 4 to be a consolized piece of garbage.

Thanks Cliffy B Carmack

AMC_Duke 02-29-12 11:13 AM

am i the only one dissapointed with the setting ? i mean Day time and earth?

No Space ? wow

My Last good ID Game was Quake 3 i still love Quake live

but if this is realy Doom 4 well they can keep it

Cylphid 02-29-12 11:38 AM

I hope ID doesn't blow it with this one. Rage may not have been the worst game I've ever played, but it left me questioning whether or not ID has what it takes to release a true AAA title these days.

Would LOVE for them to prove me wrong.

Cylphid 02-29-12 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaWter (Post 2532544)
Some of those shots look like drawings or very detailed concept art scenes. Very strange.

Some do now that you mention it. And although there are only so many ways to create a post-apocalyptic wasteland, all I see looking at them is Rage, Metro 2033, and a touch of Half-Life 2. :lol:

=assassin= 02-29-12 04:21 PM

I agree that they look like concept art - pretty sure that's all they are really as I thought that as soon as I saw them.

Viral 02-29-12 06:31 PM

I kind of hoped for an earth setting but it still looks just too much like Doom 3.

mojoman0 02-29-12 06:42 PM

well if its for current gen consoles its gonna look pretty trashy for what we're expecting

Viral 02-29-12 08:06 PM

I know what to expect graphics wise, maybe a bit better than RAGE at best. I'm fine with that. I just hope it has nice atmosphere and gameplay.

I replayed Doom 2 a few months ago and I was thinking about a new Doom with a similar art style and if that could be well received. Something like SS3 I guess, but a little more polished. Perhaps even purposely making environment lighting akin to as it was in the original titles, because honestly, the effect it had was really eerie.

I know they always like to move forward with technology and re-imagine their franchises with each generation, but to me with where we are now I'm just seeing the same Doom3 type look over and over. I really think going for a retro look in the way of colour pallet, lighting, and enemy and level design (inspired from at least) could really be successful. Obviously expanded upon somewhat, just in the same vein as the original titles, as a homage almost, but still using up to date tech. I understand that much of what created the feel of the original game was down to the limitations, but to me that surreal environment is exactly what made me fall in love with the games.