nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone else bored with gaming? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=177579)

six_storm 04-02-12 08:45 PM

Anyone else bored with gaming?

I've about called it quits for gaming. I don't know if it's the fact of me getting older or what, but gaming has hit an all time low for me. Besides Bioshock Infinite, everything else looks like a giant waste of time; no originality, no depth, nothing that really sparks my interest.

My XBOX has been turned on maybe twice in the past 1.5 months and I've played L4D2 on my Mac less than a handful of times. Heck, I've probably played games on my iPhone/iPad more than anything when I'm just sitting around.

Anybody else feel this way?

With the next gen consoles coming and the negative rumors floating around, I'm not sure I want to buy in, even years after they come out and the prices drop. Maybe there are some games in the works that will get me back into the swing of things.

I know that when we get my son, we will be hitting up some Minecraft! Other than that, Draw Something, Scramble with Friends and other iOS games will keep me "going". :bleh:

bob saget 04-02-12 09:03 PM

Re: Anyone else bored with gaming?

I think it's normal. People's priorities, like/dislikes change. Maybe you could get into stamp collecting? :p

Albo 04-02-12 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by six_storm (Post 2542175)
I've about called it quits for gaming. I don't know if it's the fact of me getting older or what, but gaming has hit an all time low for me. Besides Bioshock Infinite, everything else looks like a giant waste of time; no originality, no depth, nothing that really sparks my interest.

My XBOX has been turned on maybe twice in the past 1.5 months and I've played L4D2 on my Mac less than a handful of times. Heck, I've probably played games on my iPhone/iPad more than anything when I'm just sitting around.

Anybody else feel this way?

With the next gen consoles coming and the negative rumors floating around, I'm not sure I want to buy in, even years after they come out and the prices drop. Maybe there are some games in the works that will get me back into the swing of things.

I know that when we get my son, we will be hitting up some Minecraft! Other than that, Draw Something, Scramble with Friends and other iOS games will keep me "going". :bleh:

Literally have felt the same way for the past year. I can't remember the last time I played a game for more than an hour. Definitely February of last year.

edit: nvm.. I played Portal 2 Co-Op a **** ton with a friend a few months ago. If it's Co-Op, its a different story, although I don't really know of any other co-op games that I would enjoy.

Rogozhin 04-02-12 09:08 PM

I still play BF3 on the xbox, but I don't game on the pc anymore.

mojoman0 04-02-12 09:13 PM

Pretty sure its called getting older.

Vanzagar 04-02-12 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojoman0 (Post 2542181)
Pretty sure its called getting older.

nah, I think it's just a lack of new good/interesting games... I'd play more games if there were more like Skyrim, but so many just feel re-hashed...

I am kinda looking forward to Diablo 3 in May though, even if it is another re-hash...

Redeemed 04-03-12 02:06 AM

AA;OIDNAS;GOIFANWEIFNA;SDKLAFM;OIBJ;ASIWE;AF DKLCVA0DIJWEIOAKFDMA IAJE;WOIAK VMA;OWEIAJV; A;OIWEK SDLVAM;IOWRAL;KSDVM ARIOAWERMOIACLSDJ VMA WERKLADSJVNAIO ERNKVSIODFKBHSNBIOPDFAVMWESDIOAJG BMSFKLDDJAFOILGKJSNAOIWEDASLVMSDFKO LHBSNDF ;OA9QEI[JWAOPJ GIODFAJASDFOKLFDGJA;IOASDJKFASOKLDJFAKL; DFJASDKF JASDI0FO AWJEJKLFAJSDIOPKLFJASLKJFASDOIFLJK

And chicken pastrami. :bleh:

Cylphid 04-03-12 08:12 AM

I haven't called it quits yet. Some titles are a lot of fun like Deus Ex HR, but other interests are taking gamings place lately. See what this year brings.

jkmetal 04-03-12 09:21 AM

No I haven't called it quits. I m still working on my collection, little by little. I ve been getting into terraria lately and more into indie games a bit. That and the x men origins game :p

Redeemed 04-03-12 09:23 AM

Here I wait, all down hearted-
Tried the sh!t but only farted.

:(

de><ta 04-03-12 10:16 AM

Skyrim has renewed my zest for gaming. :)

Soon it will be D3.

six_storm 04-03-12 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by de><ta (Post 2542292)
Skyrim has renewed my zest for gaming. :)

Soon it will be D3.

Doom 3? :bleh: