Enhance Max Payne 3, Diablo III with GeForce R300 Drivers
Gamers: a couple of the hottest games of 2012, Diablo III
and Max Payne 3
, are now upon us. That means it's time for some new GeForce R300 drivers.
Released today, the new NVIDIA GeForce R300 drivers are WHQL-certified and primed for both Diablo III
and Max Payne 3
. Looking for SLI, Ambient Occlusion, or FXAA? GeForce R300 drivers deliver those features in spades.
Download the new GeForce R300 drivers on GeForce.com
We previously released a beta version of GeForce R300 drivers to give all you gamers out there an early look at the latest industry-defining features like NVIDIA FXAA
, Adaptive VSync
, and Frame Rate Target
. We also highlighted numerous performance gains as high as 23 percent in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Today's new GeForce R300 drivers (version 301.42) support all of the new GeForce GTX 600-series products, including GeForce GTX 690
, GeForce GTX 680
and GeForce GTX 670
. It also adds support for several new GeForce GT 600-series GPUs.
- Boosts performance in several top PC games by up to 23 percent with a single GPU (tested on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim) and by up to 23 percent with SLI (tested on Just Cause 2), when compared to the R295 drivers. Read our R300 article on GeForce.com for details and a complete list of performance increases.
- Adds NVIDIA FXAA technology to the NVIDIA Control Panel, enabling ultra-fast anti-aliasing (up to 60 percent faster than MSAA).
- Enables NVIDIA Adaptive VSync, which provides a smoother gaming experience by dynamically enabling and disabling vertical sync based on your current frame rate.
- Enables NVIDIA Frame Rate Target in third-party applications, like EVGA Precision X, for automatic and dynamic adjustment of frame rate to a user-specified target.
- Introduces several new NVIDIA Surround capabilities:
- Add a fourth accessory display for access to email, web, or other applications while you game with GeForce GTX 600-series GPUs.
- Maximize an application to a single physical display when in Surround mode.
- Confine the Windows Taskbar to the center display.
- Enable bezel peeking to temporarily peek behind the monitor bezels when using bezel-corrected resolutions.
- Add or remove resolution settings from the list of Surround resolutions.
- Full center display acceleration for single-wide display modes.
- Adds or updates NVIDIA SLI support for numerous new games such as Max Payne 3, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Street Fighter X Tekken, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Risen 2: Dark Waters and more.
- Adds or updates NVIDIA 3D Vision support for several new games such as Dirt: Showdown (rated Good), World of Tanks (now rated Excellent), Oil Rush (rated 3D Vision Ready), Rayman Origins (rated Good), and Wargame: European Escalation (rated Good) and more.
For more details, refer to the release highlights on the driver download pages and read the GeForce R300 article on GeForce.com
Enjoy the new GeForce R300 driver and let us know what you think.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.