The Nexus 7 review and nine other stories you'll want to read (or reread)
This week was all about in-depth looks at Ars: from the Nexus 7 to Mitsubishi's all-electric car to flash memory to the Higgs boson, we took a lot of the big news from earlier this summer and committed several thousand words to what those stories mean. Never fear if you were too busy to catch them all. We've made a handy list for you so you can get up to speed by Monday, you slacker!
Read on Ars Technica
- As ITC mulls Xbox, iPhone import bans, Senators target patent system
Senators ask if injunctions based on standard-essential patents should be valid.
- The future of flash memory: tiny (and extremely tough to build)
As solid state memory nears theoretical limits, engineers look beyond flash.
- The all-electric car'is Mitsubishi's "green" city car worth the cash?
In which we drive a tiny i-MiEV and look down on Prius hybrid owners.
- Hackers expose 453,000 credentials allegedly taken from Yahoo service (Updated)
SQL injection retrieves user names and passwords stored in plaintext.
- A Higgs boson Q&A
Our staff pelts our science editor with their questions about the big discovery.
- Divine intervention: Google's Nexus 7 is a fantastic $200 tablet
Like Microsoft, Google shows its own partners how one builds a tablet.
- Accused of downloading porn, Kentucky woman sues the pornographers
One-woman crusade against "extortion," "trolling," and "shakedowns."
- Confirmed: Mountain Lion sends some 64-bit Macs gently into that good night
Rage if you want, but it appears the reason is related to graphics drivers.
- "Rapeutation": Charles Carreon still not done with The Oatmeal
Lawyer remains angry about "Distributed Internet Reputation Attack."
- Op-ed: MPAA/RIAA lose big as US backs copyright "limitations"
As ACTA withers, the US government learns that copyright maximalism won't work.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/arst...AU:V_sGLiPBpWU http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/arst...AU:F7zBnMyn0Lo http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/arst...?d=qj6IDK7rITs http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/arst...?d=yIl2AUoC8zA
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.