nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anyone using Benchemall? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18836)

ragejg 09-29-03 10:46 PM

Anyone using Benchemall?

I dl'ed it a while ago, but I'm finally gonna use it this week...

Anyone else here usin it?

Pros/Cons?

http://www.benchemall.com//

I noticed that in the supported software, it listed 3dmark 2k1 SE PRO... does that mean I won't be able to use the freely available version?

I have:

Unreal2
3dmk2k3
3dmk2k1SE freeware
ChameleonMark
ut2k3DEMO (YUP, THE DEMO'S SUPPORTED! :d)
SSSE
Vulpine GL Mark
.. and I'm gonna score one of the SpecViewperf's soon...

I'm hopin this can speed up the benchmarking process efficiently...

ragejg 09-29-03 10:51 PM

ahh, dang it... i read the site a little more and it says SE PRO only supported... stinky... oh well, the sum of the rest of the applications is a nice benchmarking collection anyway... :p

ragejg 10-02-03 10:30 AM

You gotta be kidding me... nobody has tried this out?? :p

schuey74 10-02-03 02:02 PM

Just jumped into "Benchamrk Central" for the first time in about a week. This utility looks pretty cool. I emailed the link to my house and I'm going to try it out in a few hours. Hopefully someone else would have stopped by here by then........

digitalwanderer 10-02-03 02:06 PM

No, I really prefer NOT using those kind of things....it just seems to make it that much easier for companies to optimize for.

I'm trying to move pretty much strictly to fraps as I've found it gives me the most accurate results and is the most difficult to optimize for.

schuey74 10-02-03 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by digitalwanderer
No, I really prefer NOT using those kind of things....it just seems to make it that much easier for companies to optimize for.

I'm trying to move pretty much strictly to fraps as I've found it gives me the most accurate results and is the most difficult to optimize for.

Sure, the websites shouldn't being using it with everything we know today, but it can be very useful for the us. I always run my system thru a bunch of benches whenever upgrading something major and this would make it much easier than having to get up off the couch everytime to start the next benchmark. Anyways, if the cheats are there for any of the benchmark programs, they would be there whether you used this or not.

And I am seriously starting to doubt that FRAPS is fool proof against Nvidia's genius (in a Lex Luther sort of way!) driver team. I've seen similar framerates being displayed on my ATI system and a good friend's 5900 system in so many games over the past few months, yet they all play better on mine. For example, F1 99-02 show remarkably close fps yet it is much smoother on my 9800pro. This stuttering and sluggishness in several games, like BF1942, has me very skeptical about Nvidia......yet again.

ragejg 10-02-03 03:32 PM

Why in the world wouldn't this be a good idea for a reviewer?

...afraid *bench'emAll* is *Optimized*?

I'm not.

ragejg 10-02-03 03:34 PM

plus, when I use this, it's gonna be *mostly* for comparison between different generations of nv cards... with a guest appearance by R200...

schuey74 10-02-03 04:22 PM

Well you know Digi can be a little paranoid but I guess it is possible for Nvidia (or ATI) to do some kind of optimizations once the software's been out for a while. But of course, anything would be noticed quickly if there were any differences between running the benchmarks seperately or batched with this program. Anyways, I'll be trying it out in about an hour.:cool:

render 10-20-03 03:24 PM

hi all!
i am developer of the Bench'emAll!.

Bench'emAll! is not 'optimized'!
The one of the main ideas of this tool is to get the same performance as you launched each benchmark without benchemall - is to be absolutely 'transparent'.

But not every benchmark suits this idea.
Lets take SeriousSam: to make any localized version work i had to compile modified game kernel with my own code, so there is slight difference in results on some PC configurations. But its not 'optimisations', you can be sure in it.

by the way, new beta version of Bench'emAll! is ready, take it here:
http://benchemall.com/download/benchemall-beta.zip

any feedback about Bench'emAll! is welcome ;)

ragejg 10-25-03 07:45 AM

Render, welcome to nvnews!!

:)

ragejg 05-08-04 04:00 PM

Re: Anyone using Benchemall?

Thread grave digging again... I thought it'd be good to bring this back up as benchemall has seemed to survive quite well in teh past few months and we're seeing more and more reviewers use it, and find it benificial... I'm about to DL the newest version and give it a go...

has anyone else used this lately? And if so, how has your experience been with Benchemall?

:)