nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   304.43 (certified) for Linux x86/x86_64 released (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=188485)

j0n 08-27-12 02:50 PM

304.43 (certified) for Linux x86/x86_64 released
 
NVIDIA released a new certified 304.43 driver.

Release highlights since 304.37:

* Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Quadro K5000
Quadro K5000M
Quadro K4000M
Quadro K3000M
NVS 510
* Fixed a bug that caused pre-release versions of X.Org xserver 1.13 to crash when certain GLX operations were performed, such as when starting Firefox.
* Fixed a bug that caused VDPAU to hang when expanding the YouTube Flash Player.
* Fixed a bug that caused gnome-settings-daemon to revert display configuration changes made by nvidia-settings.
* Updated nvidia-settings to use RandR per-CRTC gamma control, when available. When controlling an X server with support for RandR 1.2, nvidia-settings will display the color correction widget as a tab within each display device page, instead of a per-X screen color correction page.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the display palette from being updated immediately after an application called XStoreColors.
* Added the ability to select and move X screens in the "X Server Display Configuration" page of nvidia-settings via Ctrl-(Left)Click + Drag.

xorbe 08-27-12 05:22 PM

Re: 304.43 (certified) for Linux x86/x86_64 released
 
Installed here fine on 64-bit openSUSE 12.1 + KDE 4.8.5 + GT640 (triple screen twinview)

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/304.43/
ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/304.43/

rockob 08-27-12 06:51 PM

Re: 304.43 (certified) for Linux x86/x86_64 released
 
Yeah, but it still crashes and makes the GPU fall off the bus, requiring a hard PC reboot when trying to play games under wine. (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=177732)

xorbe 08-27-12 07:02 PM

Re: 304.43 (certified) for Linux x86/x86_64 released
 
Then it's good that I don't use Wine or play games on this programming workstation! :D
But hopefully they fix that soon for those that are hitting said bug though of course.

oyvind 08-28-12 06:24 PM

Re: 304.43 (certified) for Linux x86/x86_64 released
 
This version seems to cause kernel panics on my machine (NVS 3100M, Ubuntu 12.04 x86-64). VC logins fail with panic dump after X has locked up.

rockob 08-28-12 06:31 PM

Re: 304.43 (certified) for Linux x86/x86_64 released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oyvind (Post 2572033)
This version seems to cause kernel panics on my machine (NVS 3100M, Ubuntu 12.04 x86-64). VC logins fail with panic dump after X has locked up.

If you are still getting lockups, it might be worth checking out https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...rs/+bug/973096, which I think is about what you're seeing. It is marked fixed there because some people stopped getting the lockups when 304.37/43 was released, but I have found the 304 series to be much less stable than earlier releases.

oyvind 08-29-12 01:42 AM

Re: 304.43 (certified) for Linux x86/x86_64 released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockob (Post 2572034)
If you are still getting lockups, it might be worth checking out https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...rs/+bug/973096, which I think is about what you're seeing. It is marked fixed there because some people stopped getting the lockups when 304.37/43 was released, but I have found the 304 series to be much less stable than earlier releases.

304.43 is too unstable here, but earlier releases (304.37 and backwards) were fine. Two seemingly random crashes/X-freezes with complete kernel panic (and even though switching to a VC works, trying to log in results only in a panic dump).

SpartanJ 08-29-12 08:42 AM

Re: 304.43 (certified) for Linux x86/x86_64 released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by j0n (Post 2571907)
* Updated nvidia-settings to use RandR per-CRTC gamma control, when available. When controlling an X server with support for RandR 1.2, nvidia-settings will display the color correction widget as a tab within each display device page, instead of a per-X screen color correction page.

I've found a minor bug respecting this feature. Since the brightness now is managed per display, the default color correction options are being saved with the old method, per screen ( like 0/RedBrightness=-0.600000 ), and this settings are ignored, so the default color correction saved in '~/.nvidia-settings-rc' isn't working.

Thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.