nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Nvnews must be named ATINEWS or what??? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18941)

Sotos 10-02-03 07:36 AM

Nvnews must be named ATINEWS or what???

The nvidia nvnews channel says:

The Radeon 9800 XT features the enhanced R360 core, but it's still a Radeon 9800-based product and as such, displays excellent image quality. Its anisotropic filtering is the best in the business, and anti-aliasing is also top-notch. In our book, the GeForce FX 5900 Ultra can't match ATI's anisotropic filtering, and also falls back a bit when comparing pure edge anti-aliasing. NVIDIA has by no means "poor" image quality, it's just that ATI has presented such a high standard for comparison.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I guess the site must be named ATInews now :p :p :p :p :p

sytaylor 10-02-03 07:49 AM

Not really, as a site Nvidia is given a helluva lot more coverage, I think it shows maturity as a site and community that we can embrace another excellent product and see it for what it is, keeping fanboyism as low as possible. :cool:

Sotos 10-02-03 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sytaylor
Not really, as a site Nvidia is given a helluva lot more coverage, I think it shows maturity as a site and community that we can embrace another excellent product and see it for what it is, keeping fanboyism as low as possible. :cool:
Of course but isn't Nvnews a Nvidia-fan dedicated site in reality????

It is mature but Is it normal to say such things???
What Nvidia is going to say????? :p :p :p :p

digitalwanderer 10-02-03 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sotos
Of course but isn't Nvnews a Nvidia-fan dedicated site in reality????
<sigh>

(I just feel like I've been correcting this one a lot lately, sorry for the sighing.)

nVnews is an nVidia information & support site....it is not a "fan site".

nVnews has been giving the straight skinny on nVidia for years now, and just because they tell the bad right along with the good doesn't make them any less of an informational site...it makes them more of one if anything.

Again, my hat is off to the crew at nVnews for their excellent and honest coverage of nVidia this last year. :thumbsup:

The Baron 10-02-03 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Again, my hat is off to the crew at nVnews for their excellent and honest coverage of nVidia this last year. :thumbsup:
Fo' shizzle, nizzle. We iz the rizzle dizzle.

(yes, I just did that to annoy you, Dig :) )

No, we don't make NVIDIA out to be the Messiah of the 3D World--we just tell it like it is.

Sotos 10-02-03 12:01 PM

Well at least i am happy that you say the TRUTH and not hide it as is happening in GURU3d

saturnotaku 10-02-03 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Baron
Fo' shizzle, nizzle. We iz the rizzle dizzle.

/me takes off his right shoe and proceeds to beat the stupid out of Baron

volt 10-02-03 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by digitalwanderer
nVnews is an nVidia information & support site....it is not a "fan site".
No, we are still a fan site.

digitalwanderer 10-02-03 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by volt
No, we are still a fan site.
True, but not really an nVidia fan site though....

The Dig quickly runs away chortling!

NKVD2 10-02-03 12:51 PM

Actually this site made me buy Radeon 9800 PRO (not that I mad at you :p ) ....

TheTaz 10-02-03 12:55 PM

One of the reasons this is the first site I look at (pretty much since it came live), is because these guys are fairly unbiased. I like that in a fan site.

It's still an nVidia fansite, with all the nVidia ads, linke to utilities, articles, etc.

Even though my post count doesn't show much community activity (until this recent fiasco)... NVNews has been my #1 source for info / links to info, and I think they're top notch. Kudos for remaining true and fairly unbiased!!!! It's very difficult for a fansite to do... especially when the thing that they are supporting... is under the gun.

Regards,

Taz

sxotty 10-02-03 01:08 PM

Well it is good, but other "fan sites" should try and be objective and reasonable as well... not that it is likely :)