nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Infomercial site eh? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19295)

Flecko 10-09-03 01:18 PM

Infomercial site eh?

How much did powerleap pay you guys to put that **** on the front page? MAAAN that is crap. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but come on....that is out and out advertisement. Why not just make it into a banner that I can block?

just my thoughts...but I guarentee there are others thinking it.
-Flecko

vampireuk 10-09-03 01:49 PM

Edit: My bad I thought the complaint was about the banners:D

poursoul 10-09-03 01:57 PM

lol

spam:p

MUYA 10-09-03 02:04 PM

Re: Infomercial site eh?

Quote:

Originally posted by Flecko
How much did powerleap pay you guys to put that **** on the front page? MAAAN that is crap. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but come on....that is out and out advertisement. Why not just make it into a banner that I can block?

just my thoughts...but I guarentee there are others thinking it.
-Flecko

That post I thought was a good idea for those people who are struglling along with older PCs, a way to perhaps get an upgrade with out spending huge amounts of money. I am sure the people who are in that predicament will appreciate that post.

I posted it as a service for people.

MUYA

mrsabidji 10-09-03 02:09 PM

Yeah, thanks by the way, I didn't know it existed. Some of my friends may be interested.

mrsabidji

MikeC 10-09-03 02:11 PM

That is not an advertisement its a news post. We received no compensation for the post. I thought some of our readers might be interested.

vampireuk 10-09-03 02:14 PM

Ohhh I thought he was actually complaining about the ads on the main page:D

MUYA 10-09-03 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vampireuk
Ohhh I thought he was actually complaining about the ads on the main page:D
LOL LOL LOL

digitalwanderer 10-09-03 02:18 PM

Hey, I'm a huge Powerleap fan! I love their socket converters, you can really extend the life of your system with a few of them! (Although I don't really know what you're talking about, it's been a few months since I checked that "front-page" thing.)

vampireuk 10-09-03 02:19 PM

So do I get the dimwit of the day award?:o

Listening to: Rob Zombie - Reload :angel:

digitalwanderer 10-09-03 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vampireuk
So do I get the dimwit of the day award?:o
No, SuLinUX is looking to be a shoe-in for that one today...you got lucky. ;)

de><ta 10-09-03 02:24 PM

Hey, come to think of it all the reviews done here are nothing more then "advertisements" for NVIDIA, ATI, Intel, AMD and the lot... damn this is one bad conspiracy you just discovered Flecko my man.:eek:

Bad MUYA,:spank: I have a vague feeling that Toaster and his scheming pr0n influence is behind this.

Being serious now, come on it depends on your perspective. There is a huge differnce between being bombarded by company propaganda like those banners up there and being told something informative and in context with what this site is about. This site pales in comparision with some other sites *cough Tom's, cough HOCP* that insist on having an entire plethora of ads all about them.