nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Political Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Barack Obama Retains US Presidency (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=196225)

MikeC 11-07-12 05:30 AM

Barack Obama Retains US Presidency
 
From Slashdot:

Quote:

Fox News, NBC, and CNN have called the U.S. election for incumbent Barack Obama. Of the so-called 'battleground states,' Obama carried Ohio, Iowa, Wisconsin, and New Hampshire, which, along with all of the solidly Democrat-leaning states, was enough to push him beyond the 270 required for victory. You can check this chart to see the full list of states that have currently been called, and by which news networks. The NY Times has an excellent interactive map showing all election results updated in real time, as does CNN. It's currently projected that the Republicans will retain control of the House of Representatives, and the Democrats will retain control of the Senate.
http://politics.slashdot.org/story/1...=Google+Reader

fasedww 11-07-12 06:23 AM

Re: Barack Obama Retains US Presidency
 
Good How the hell can anybody but God turn anything Like it was when he went into office completely around in four years, and I bet you will never be able to do it, Too many people in the world.:)

aapo 11-07-12 12:59 PM

Re: Barack Obama Retains US Presidency
 
Interesting. I think that Obama has been a lot stronger president than I first expected, but I thought he would have been sacked because of the recent economic difficulties. I guess the majority of the voters understood that he has been able to do good work against the tide, which is a bit surprising. And he sure is well regarded here in Europe, which probably was not a significant factor in the elections, however.

MowTin 11-07-12 02:03 PM

Re: Barack Obama Retains US Presidency
 
I think it's not just that Americans voted for Obama, they rejected the backward antiquated aspects of Republicanism. Listen to Bill O'Reilly talk and you'll hear him essentially repeat Romney's heinous 47% comment but with a dash of extra racism.

Here it's now 50% of Americans who are moochers and they are black and latino. 50? Really? Bill O'Reilly is what's wrong with the GOP. Chris Christie is what's right with the GOP. John Huntsman and Jeb Bush are what's right with the GOP.

I'm so glad Republicanism lost last night. I just hope Republicans do some introspection.


sytaylor 11-12-12 08:17 AM

Re: Barack Obama Retains US Presidency
 
:werd:

The tea party can't produce enough angry white men, to out vote everyone else in the country. Women and minorities are the new normal.

Latino's would be a great recruit to the Republican party, naturally they're Christian and share a lot of the "values". The one value they don't share is the "value" that is code for racism.

An inclusive immigration policy (which lets face it, is what the USA is founded on, check your last name), and a move to the centre is essential. If the nut jobs don't come out to vote, good. Let them form a neo nazi right wing nut job party of their own. They and Ralph Nader can duke it out for the most irrelevant people in an election award.

MowTin 11-12-12 08:56 AM

Re: Barack Obama Retains US Presidency
 
What happened to all the Rethuglicans around here? Did they leave the country in anticipation of an Obama re-election?

I wanted to hear an explanation of how "the worst president in American history" got re-elected.

This takes all the fun out of schadenfreude.

Airbrushkid 11-12-12 09:26 AM

Re: Barack Obama Retains US Presidency
 
First off they got banned! So I don't think that they will ever come back. There over on Rage3D.com.

And to me he is not that great of a Pres. Wait until Ocare go's in effect. There's reports that a lot of the big ass companies are going to layoff ten of thousands of people if not more! Then watch the employment rate sky rocket! Then all you people that wanted O in office will be paying for the thousands and thousands of people that have no job. But that doesn't matter they will have Ocare that your paying for!!


Quote:

Originally Posted by MowTin (Post 2580575)
What happened to all the Rethuglicans around here? Did they leave the country in anticipation of an Obama re-election?

I wanted to hear an explanation of how "the worst president in American history" got re-elected.

This takes all the fun out of schadenfreude.


MowTin 11-12-12 11:43 AM

Re: Barack Obama Retains US Presidency
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Airbrushkid (Post 2580581)
First off they got banned! So I don't think that they will ever come back. There over on Rage3D.com.

And to me he is not that great of a Pres. Wait until Ocare go's in effect. There's reports that a lot of the big ass companies are going to layoff ten of thousands of people if not more! Then watch the employment rate sky rocket! Then all you people that wanted O in office will be paying for the thousands and thousands of people that have no job. But that doesn't matter they will have Ocare that your paying for!!

But ObamaCare and RomneyCare are almost identical. Massachusetts didn't lose jobs due to RomneyCare.

Moreover, our current healthcare system is terrible. It's basically expensive emergency room health care for the uninsured. If you have high blood pressure and are uninsured you learn about your condition in the emergency room when you have a stroke and expensive bypass surgery.

The reality is unless the government intervenes in health care the way it has in other countries costs will continue to rise until medicare and medicaid explode.

Airbrushkid 11-12-12 12:05 PM

Re: Barack Obama Retains US Presidency
 
But at the cost of thousand of jobs if not more then millions! When it gets to the point that there is no one working and government has no one paying taxes! Then what comes of healthcare?


Quote:

Originally Posted by MowTin (Post 2580590)
But ObamaCare and RomneyCare are almost identical. Massachusetts didn't lose jobs due to RomneyCare.

Moreover, our current healthcare system is terrible. It's basically expensive emergency room health care for the uninsured. If you have high blood pressure and are uninsured you learn about your condition in the emergency room when you have a stroke and expensive bypass surgery.

The reality is unless the government intervenes in health care the way it has in other countries costs will continue to rise until medicare and medicaid explode.


MowTin 11-12-12 03:51 PM

Re: Barack Obama Retains US Presidency
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Airbrushkid (Post 2580591)
But at the cost of thousand of jobs if not more then millions! When it gets to the point that there is no one working and government has no one paying taxes! Then what comes of healthcare?

Remember, that ObamaCare is not something that Obama invented. It's not even something that Romney invented in Massachusetts. It's very similar to the system they have had in place in Switzerland since 1996. There is already plenty of data in Switzerland and Massachusetts about how it will effect the economy.

Quote:

The nonpartisan Urban Institute decided to find out. It did so by looking at what has happened in Massachusetts, whose health reform law, passed in 2006, is broadly similar. It found no evidence whatever that health care reform, and mandated coverage, killed jobs
http://www.forbes.com/sites/frederic...study-says-no/

Q 11-12-12 05:27 PM

Re: Barack Obama Retains US Presidency
 
I really wish John Huntsman would have gotten the nomination for the GOP. He didn't stand a chance in the primaries because he wasn't pandering to the wing-nuts, neo-cons, and hard religious right.

Airbrushkid 11-12-12 07:07 PM

Re: Barack Obama Retains US Presidency
 
So Obama didn't invent it. Who cares. His party push it into place. So he and his party are responsible for everything that happens because of it. Believe what you want. I know what I read on several news sites. And I never said I like Romney. Fact I don't like either party. There bring this country down.



Quote:

Originally Posted by MowTin (Post 2580602)
Remember, that ObamaCare is not something that Obama invented. It's not even something that Romney invented in Massachusetts. It's very similar to the system they have had in place in Switzerland since 1996. There is already plenty of data in Switzerland and Massachusetts about how it will effect the economy.



http://www.forbes.com/sites/frederic...study-says-no/



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.