nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 700 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   The GeForce Titan (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=202707)

john19055 03-05-13 08:57 AM

The GeForce Titan

It is a lot of power for just being a single GPU,but the price should have at least been around $799 since it is faster then the GTX-680 and the HD-7970 Gig,but it is around 15% slower then the GTX-690.If you need Compute Performance then this card is top dog.But this is really for the enthusiast system builder or the person who wants the highest benchmarks.It also the person that has that kind of money.Really if you don't mind running SLI or crossfire,there are cheaper solutions.But if you are someone that wants to run a micro board and want the fastest single gpu,then it would be the one to get if you are running at resolutions of 2560 x1600 or running three monitors.IMO this should have been the top card last year,running a 384bit-buss.My two GTX-670's is faster and cheaper,plus I don't have a $1000 to buy a card.If money was'nt a problem I would be getting a pair of them and run SLI even tho there is'nt a game out that really needs it.But it is a kickass card.

john19055 03-07-13 02:08 AM

Re: The GeForce Titan

It sold like I knew it would at newegg and a lot of them bought two for SLI.I probally would have bought it too ,if it came out first,but I have two ASUS GTX-670's and that more then enough for me since I game at 1920 x1080.That new 3Dmark is pretty cool.Fire Strike is pretty neat I scored 9507 .If you game at 2560 x 1600 or 5760 x 1080 or higher then a couple of Titan's would let you run with max settings.Or you just want one card with one GPU and want the fastest then the Titan would sure do the job.

Ristogod 03-07-13 11:09 AM

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how many monitors Titan can run at once?

I have a 4 monitor setup. I see Titan has 4 connectors. But I wasn't sure if they'd all work if I connected a monitor to each, or if some of the connectors were a shared connection.

Can anyone comment as to whether or not Titan can support 4 monitors?

newparad1gm 03-08-13 03:12 PM

I know the GTX 680s can support up to 4 monitors from a single card, I believe the TITAN can as well. Although they may all have to be independent displays, I do not know if a single TITAN can drive 3 monitors in Surround and have a 4th independent display.

john19055 03-16-13 03:19 AM

looking at the spec's it is the same as a GTX-680 ,you can run three displays across and have a independent monitor.So it will run all four monitor ,but just like the GTX-680 can.

Ristogod 03-16-13 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john19055 (Post 2587951)
looking at the spec's it is the same as a GTX-680 ,you can run three displays across and have a independent monitor.So it will run all four monitor ,but just like the GTX-680 can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newparad1gm (Post 2587617)
I know the GTX 680s can support up to 4 monitors from a single card, I believe the TITAN can as well. Although they may all have to be independent displays, I do not know if a single TITAN can drive 3 monitors in Surround and have a 4th independent display.

Thanks guys.

I ended up picking up an eVGA superclocked version and I can confirm that it does indeed support 4 displays.

slaWter 04-01-13 04:39 AM

newparad1gm, awesome WAR MACHINE you got there :D

newparad1gm 04-09-13 12:23 PM

Thanks Slawter, I haven't posted here in a while because the forums have been a bit dead recently. I just had to go for the big upgrade back to the Intel enthusiast platform after spending a few years on the 2600K and Z68. Felt the Titans needed the full 16x PCI-e 3.0 lanes to fully stretch their legs in Surround. Although my 3930K is a bit of a pig though, can only get it to 4.4GHz on 1.36V.

How's your machine doing?

slaWter 04-10-13 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newparad1gm (Post 2589115)
Thanks Slawter, I haven't posted here in a while because the forums have been a bit dead recently. I just had to go for the big upgrade back to the Intel enthusiast platform after spending a few years on the 2600K and Z68. Felt the Titans needed the full 16x PCI-e 3.0 lanes to fully stretch their legs in Surround. Although my 3930K is a bit of a pig though, can only get it to 4.4GHz on 1.36V.

How's your machine doing?

Sounds great. And also looks great as your recent photos in the rig thread showed :)

I haven't upgraded at all and I don't plan to do so. I'd love to get some Titans just because how insanely brilliant they are. But I pretty much stopped gaming except for iRacing so there is currently no need to upgrade anything. I'll probably just get more race sim equipment until iRacing really demands an upgrade.

slaWter 06-09-13 09:38 AM

I'm most likely going to side-grade to a single TITAN for iRacing. SLI does not really scale all to well but adds a bit of stuttering every now and then.

Since I don't game other titles anymore, the overall slower performance of a single TITAN does not matter. And it would be fast enough for 2560x1600 anyway ;)

JerimiaBell 07-30-13 08:22 AM

What is the use of putting 4 monitors? Its not like its going to act as 4 different pcs. So whats the use?

slaWter 07-30-13 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerimiaBell (Post 2593461)
What is the use of putting 4 monitors? Its not like its going to act as 4 different pcs. So whats the use?

Surround gaming with an accessory display. Very handy for racing or flight sim rigs!