nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   How To Zoom Aa Shots (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20776)

bloodbob 11-09-03 09:37 PM

How To Zoom Aa Shots

1. NEVER DO NON INTEGER ZOOMS
2. USE PIXEL ZOOM/POINT ZOOM Bilinear,bicubic,ect alter the image which you don't want cause it to blurred and therefored anti-aliased even the NON AA IMAGE!!!!.

God how long this site been around for now :mad:

saturnotaku 11-09-03 10:06 PM

Re: How To Zoom Aa Shots

Quote:

Originally posted by bloodbob
2. USE PIXEL ZOOM/POINT ZOOM Bilinear,bicubic,ect alter the image which you don't want cause it to blurred and therefored anti-aliased even the NON AA IMAGE!!!!.

Need to break out the AshG universal translator here.

MikeC 11-09-03 10:23 PM

No, I think I read his translation he's trying to be rude. Its just hard to understand what he's being rude about. He'd probably do better not to come here if it upsets him so.

netviper13 11-09-03 11:14 PM

Vambat...is that you? :rofl

ragejg 11-10-03 12:01 AM

I KNEW my compressed Dawn shots would tick SOMEBODY off... :p

intercede007 11-10-03 03:56 AM

Re: How To Zoom Aa Shots

Quote:

Originally posted by bloodbob

I don't know, but longer then you spent paying attention to the grammer lessons in school. Please, if you are going to rant, formulate your thoughts so they are semi-coherant. Sentence structure would be a great place to start. :bye:

DaveW 11-11-03 09:28 AM

I agree with him. The technique by which you enlarge an image will affect how the aliasing will look. With the right plugin, you could even make the jaggies disappear entirely by enlarging the image with a fractal algorithm.

Doing a bilinear or bicubic resample will blur the enlarged image and make the jaggies look smoother and better than they actually are. You should to an integer pixel resize, a.k.a. "nearest neighbour" in photoshop. You need to be careful with this too, though. You must resize to an exact multiple of original image proportions e.g. 2x the size, 3x the size, 4x the size etc. If you do a nearest neighbour resize to something like 1.5x the original image size, then every other pixel will be twice as big as its neighbour. This would make the jaggies look worse than they actually are.

I've also seen that photoshop 6 (dunno about later versions) is crap for enlarging images in this way, even with "nearest neighbour" resizing to exactly twice the original image size, it skips lines and adds others. This is why I only use Paintshop Pro when individual pixels matter.