nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Has Star Wars Galaxies got any better? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21085)

ChrisRay 11-16-03 08:18 PM

Has Star Wars Galaxies got any better?

I heard terrible things about it on release.

I will "not" play FF11. Due to AA being broken in the game.

Everquest 2, Lineage 2 still seem to be a bit off.. It's a shame because I'm really looking forward to playing Lineage 2 or something.. or Everquest 2.. And gah..

Everquest is so old.. Anarchy Online isnt that much fun to me.. I... need... something.. NEW

My craving for a mmorpg is going to overcome and eat me up from the inside out :(

The Baron 11-16-03 08:42 PM

Yes. It is much better. There are still problems, sure, and real honest-to-God vehicles aren't in yet (although creatures you can train and ride are in). But still, it's very fun.

ChrisRay 11-16-03 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Baron
Yes. It is much better. There are still problems, sure, and real honest-to-God vehicles aren't in yet (although creatures you can train and ride are in). But still, it's very fun.
Have you played any other MMORPGS that it might be comparable too? I have Played Everquest And AO, And I loved Everquest. So I am somewhat tempted by the star wars universe.

How are the time sinks? How Is leveling. I'd love a review if you'd be willing to give it ;)

Lastly, Do you think my computer can run it or is it gonna run my hardware into the ground :P

|JuiceZ| 11-16-03 08:48 PM

Chris let me tell you man, I've been a diehard fps genre player all my life. After months of nagging, the guys at work finally talked me into playing. Granted I've never really played a mmorpg so this may not be anything new to you, but I'm amazed at how much there is to do in this guy. Its not just about killing/leveling anymore. And with the additional of creature mounts, player cities, vehicles and ultimately intergalactic war, it will only get better ;)

alright, back to the cantina.... :jammin: :dance:

Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisRay
Have you played any other MMORPGS that it might be comparable too? I have Played Everquest And AO, And I loved Everquest. So I am somewhat tempted by the star wars universe.

How are the time sinks? How Is leveling. I'd love a review if you'd be willing to give it ;)

Lastly, Do you think my computer can run it or is it gonna run my hardware into the ground :P

One thing to keep in mind Chris, this is not like EQ. This game swallows EQ in content and theres so much more to do than just kill things & level.

The Baron 11-16-03 09:16 PM

Oh.

The weirdest thing happened.

There I am, in Bestine, running through. I leave the starport. I'm looking around to see which way the bank is. I see a guy run past named JuiceZ.

I say... "Waitaminute."

I then say, "Hey, are you the guy who sent me a video card the other day?"

"BARON?!"

"JUICEZ?!"

Yes. VERY odd. We happened to be on teh same server and then in teh same place at teh same time. And I like teh word teh.

|JuiceZ| 11-16-03 09:24 PM

Quote:

Oh.

The weirdest thing happened.

There I am, in Bestine, running through. I leave the starport. I'm looking around to see which way the bank is. I see a guy run past named JuiceZ.

I say... "Waitaminute."

I then say, "Hey, are you the guy who sent me a video card the other day?"

"BARON?!"

"JUICEZ?!"

Yes. VERY odd. We happened to be on teh same server and then in teh same place at teh same time. And I like teh word teh.

Yea taht was werid? heheh :D

I'm on Dathmire right now Baron. All the NPC's are red to me but I'm getting good exp when grouped, heh.

ChrisRay 11-16-03 09:26 PM

Bah you guys didnt answer my question about how playable the game is system requirements wise :P

|JuiceZ| 11-16-03 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisRay
Bah you guys didnt answer my question about how playable the game is system requirements wise :P
You won't have a problem playing it with your rig. One thing to note though is that no current hw avail that can run it with all settings maxed. Even though the fps are capped @ 30, you'll still 'em hit hard inside certain cities.

ChrisRay 11-16-03 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by |JuiceZ|
You won't have a problem playing it with your rig. One thing to note though is that no current hw avail that can run it with all settings maxed. Even though the fps are capped @ 30, you'll still 'em hit hard inside certain cities.

Thanks. It's definately one I'm considering. Just looking for a game that will be a good time sink since Ihave way too much time on meh hands,

I just saw this new MMORPG thats accepting beta testers. And I must say it looks sweet. However the system requirements are a pentium 4 2.4 Ghz and a Geforce 4 TI/Radeon 9500 + :eek:

http://www.mutablerealms.com/main.html

But I doubt I get accepted. I NEVER get accepted to beta test :rolleyes:

The Baron 11-16-03 09:49 PM

Dathomir, eh JuiceZ? Come to Dantooine--I have to finish an Imperial quest there, plus my guild has a player city :D

|JuiceZ| 11-16-03 10:50 PM

Quote:

Dathomir, eh JuiceZ? Come to Dantooine--I have to finish an Imperial quest there, plus my guild has a player city :D
hehe thats sweet, a few buddies of mine wanted me to come there to. I'll send ya a tell next time I'm on.

The Baron 11-16-03 11:13 PM

Okey Dokey Then. You get Rifleman yet?

(gawd, I'll feel like a dumbass if you have, because I've had the game since August and I STILL haven't gotten an elite class... of course, that was because I went UA4, then decided to go BH, then got sick of trying to get BH alone and played on another server for a month, then got sick of that, then didn't have time to play for a few weeks, then came back, tried to go Commando, tried to go Smuggler, then said SCREW IT once again and now I'm going TKA :p )