nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Just spotted Deus Ex 2 at Wal-Mart (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21852)

NickSpolec 12-04-03 02:47 PM

Just spotted Deus Ex 2 at Wal-Mart

Didn't have a price sticker up. In fact, the stack of boxes were hidden behind the other games. It's been there since yesterday, I believe.

And nope, I didn't buy it. Should have checked the price though (I could guess it would be 39 to 49). I assume it would be a good idea to wait for the price to come down (unless it's 29.95 :P) or for a patch to come out, because as it stands, the game just sounds too holey.

vampireuk 12-04-03 03:07 PM

Did you set it on fire?

digitalwanderer 12-04-03 03:30 PM

I still can't believe they didn't even make the simple .ini file changes before shipping the game...it's the exact same as the demo! :rolleyes:

This is a truly sad bit-o-gaming history in the making. :(

vampireuk 12-04-03 03:48 PM

I was looking forward to this day like a small child looks forward to christmas. What a huge disapointment Deus Ex 2 turned out to be. Now I feel like a kid who has just learned he had part of his weiner cut off at birth.

Sazar 12-04-03 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vampireuk
I was looking forward to this day like a small child looks forward to christmas. What a huge disapointment Deus Ex 2 turned out to be. Now I feel like a kid who has just learned he had part of his weiner cut off at birth.
we'll have to ask potnoodlegirl bout that last bit

but yah... deus ex 2 is turning out to be a major disappointment :(

NickSpolec 12-04-03 04:02 PM

With how disappointing this game has turned out, it's no wonder it was hidden in the back of the shelf.

I must admit.. I was tempted for a moment.....

But then I threw myself through a display stand and came to my senses.

-=DVS=- 12-04-03 04:22 PM

This year is to much disappointment ,
Half Life 2 getting delays rumors about haveing to pay to play multi witch sucks , bad steam.........,
Deus Ex 2 total crap....,
Doom III is still far away...,

Hopefully next year will be better :o

digitalwanderer 12-04-03 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vampireuk
Now I feel like a kid who has just learned he had part of his weiner cut off at birth.
I think remembering that feeling is the main reason I talked my wife into not getting my son circumsized. :afro:

When did we all wander sooo far off-topic?

RAY16 12-04-03 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I think remembering that feeling is the main reason I talked my wife into not getting my son circumsized. :afro:

When did we all wander sooo far off-topic?

Bad move.

NAZCA M12 12-04-03 07:18 PM

And from what i hear, you can't lean in the game either. But you can mantle up now. I'm still waiting for my copy to find out on my own but... Apparently, the game was already gold when we got the demo hence, they couldn't change ****e... But they're working on it (or us) :mad:

RAY16 12-04-03 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by OWA
It's available at CompUSA also. I think it was $49.99 but it may have been $39.99. I can't recall.

After all the negative comments on the game I was shocked to see it released and figured it would be delayed until they could address some of the issues. Maybe they're counting on the rep of Deus Ex to carry them though.

Or maybe they will just release patches to fix the problems... O_o

digitalwanderer 12-04-03 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RAY16
Or maybe they will just release patches to fix the problems... O_o
Fine, I'll wait for the patch before I pay for the game then. :cool: