X11 crushes with NVIDIA FreeBSD x86_64 on [MCP89 (GeForce 320M)], but Linux works.
Bug report: X11 crushes with NVIDIA FreeBSD x86_64 on [MCP89 (GeForce 320M)] chipset, but Linux works.
Steps to reproduce:
- Install FreeBSD and invoke freebsd-update fetch install
- Install Xorg, nvidia-driver and nvidia-xconfig
- Prepare rc.conf and loader.conf for X and the Nvidia driver, call nvidia-xconfig
- invoke startx
What should happen:
- An X session should be launched.
What actually happens:
- After 2 up to 4 seconds the system reboots and a crash dump will be reported.
- No recent Xorg.0.log is available. Nothing is been written.
- MacBookPro7,1 (13-inch, mid-2010) with [MCP89 (GeForce 320M)] chipset.
- MBR partition scheme with Mac OS X, FreeBSD and Linux. The binary Nvidia
driver works well in Arch Linux and Debian (squeeze) OLDSTABLE.
- FreeBSD Release 10.0 (and 9.2 would be tested)
- Nvidia binary drivers 304, 311 installed with pkg.
- Drivers installed from ports with all available build options.
- Beta driver 337 installed from Nvidia source.
- Linux works but FreeBSD fails with the same hardware.
- VESA works well, but only 800x600 with X.
- Loading nvidia.ko works, but sysctl -a | grep nvidia looks ugly:
- The network driver needs dev.bge.0.msi="0" to work, so I've tryed to set
hw.nvidia.registry.EnableMSI="0" with no success.
- I've tryed to set hint.agp.0.disabled="1" to use NvAGP with no success.
- The behaviour is allways the same.
Possibly related topics:
- MacBook Air mid-2010: http://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?t=45661
- Another GeForce 320M: http://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?t=30384
Please find attached a bug report log.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.