nforce2 and non-NVIDIA video cards
I've been trying to solve this problem for a quite long time, but still, I got no solution.
I installed Mandrake 9.2, just to see how it works. On my personal machine (Athlon XP with GF2MX-200, KT400) everything went just fine and there are no problems with hardware 3D acceleration. Great!
Problems started when I tried to set up a machine on NForce2 with an ATI card (Radeon 9200).
What i did:
- installed NForce2 drivers. I did not patch the kernel, because I use 2.4.22-21mdk and I realised that this patch is already applied.
- installed fresh fglrx drivers from ATI site (rpm package, installed with --force), ran fglrxconfig, set all up.
Everything seems to be OK, card works in X, but after typing fglrxinfo I still see:
display: :0.0 screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 4.0.4
Quite weird, according to the generated XF86Config-4:
BusID "PCI:2:0:0" # vendor=1002, device=5961
Of course 3D acceleration doesn't work, no fancy Tuxracer sliding :(
What I did wrong? Is it a bug in NVidia NForce patch, ATI linux driver, both, or maybe something I missed?
Thanks in advance.
1. install the fglrx-driver rpm
2. compile the fglrx.o kernel module
3. load your kernel's agpgart module (with nforce2-support)
4. edit your XF86Config-4:
Option "UseInternalAGPGART" "no"
be sure to set UseInternalAGPGART to "no"!
If something goes wrong try to compile a vanilla 2.4.23 kernel.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.