nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   BattleField Problem? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2255)

styles-T 09-26-02 05:31 PM

BattleField Problem?

Under Win2k..

After I installed it I hit the .exe to start the game and the screen shows me The Battlefield Logo then Blinks Black and goes right back to my desktop??

Ive tried with and with out the patch?

Any suggestions?

All my other games play fine...

zippermcfrag 09-26-02 07:44 PM

reinstall your video drivers. Then it will work. Don't use any program to change your herts setings.

styles-T 09-26-02 08:06 PM

really? Ill give it a go..

The only thing that I changed was my refreshrate for win2k..Im using refreshlock..

Thx d00d..

zippermcfrag 09-26-02 09:53 PM

that's your problem "The only thing that I changed was my refreshrate for win2k" Battlefield doesn't like that. don't change your refreshrate. If you do reinstall your video drivers

Phyre 09-26-02 11:53 PM

Look in the settings directory and find the file VideoDefault.con. Change the following line

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0

to:
renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

The multiplayer demo did the same thing to me. Doing the above fixed it right. It may work for the retail version...maybe not. It's worth a shot though.

Phyre

styles-T 09-27-02 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phyre
Look in the settings directory and find the file VideoDefault.con. Change the following line

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0

to:
renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

The multiplayer demo did the same thing to me. Doing the above fixed it right. It may work for the retail version...maybe not. It's worth a shot though.

Phyre

We have a winner...Thanx man..worked like a charm...

verncat 09-27-02 11:52 AM

I did that and no luck. With the 40.71's, it just sends me back to the desktop with a Windows XP beep. EA tech support said that it is refresh rate related. OK, I already figured that part out. I was told I have to set windows refresh rate to 60hz then the game will run. What a load of sh*t!!! Is there another work-around? I sure hope a patch comes out very soon to fix this.

saturnotaku 09-27-02 12:04 PM

This is yet another incident where I am quickly losing my faith in EA's ability to put a quality product on the shelves. MOHAA was the first ('cept the MP demo, which is a ton of fun) with its aberration of the Quake 3 engine, now this. You have to run at 60 Hz? Nuts to that I say. Sorry, I'm gonna spend my money on a game where developers spent more than 24-48 hours coding. :mad:

vampireuk 09-27-02 05:07 PM

I just hope to god they sort out all the bugs, because this game kicks ass so much when its working fine.

MajBlunder 09-28-02 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by vampireuk
I just hope to god they sort out all the bugs, because this game kicks ass so much when its working fine.
Me too, game is just to addicting :cool:

Ramshambo2001 09-28-02 11:46 AM

Phyre

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Ms. Milano sends her regards!;)

Matthyahuw 09-28-02 05:05 PM

My BF1942 issue is I can't get it to go online to play...