nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   XBOX Music CD (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23018)

Heavyd 01-02-04 05:02 PM

XBOX Music CD

I recently bought (or got) an Xbox around the Christmas season and i bought the orginal Project Gotham racing (I LOVE IT!) and i was wondering if there anyway to copy burnt cds on to the hard drive since im a big fan of dance music and there not much cds on them so yeah..

junkheap 01-02-04 10:23 PM

I am pretty sure when you go to the original xbox dashboard(without a game in the drive) and pop in the music cd, you can rip it to your hd and play it in games such as pgr2, tw2k4, etc.

Don't know why sega doesn't add the goddam feature. Sick of hearing hte same crap music in nhl2k4!! :mad:

Nephilim 01-03-04 12:37 AM

Yes, you can rip your music CDs to the XBox hard drive. It doesn't work in all games, but it does work in Project Gotham 1 and 2, Tiger Woods, Apex, and others. If it does, it will give you the option to set up your own tracks in the options of the game you are playing.

RAY16 01-03-04 03:26 AM

There are a lot of CD-R's that don't work with the Xbox. There is a list of CD-R brands that do work, but I forgot where it is.

Mojo 01-03-04 07:00 AM

Yeah, should just work through dashboard with regular CD-R's.. although ive never heard of it not being able to read certain type of disks :confused:

what i normally do is (if you're only putting music to CD for the sake of ripping it to the Xbox) just chuck it on a CD-RW, rip it, wipe it. Fin. :D

demonized 01-03-04 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RAY16
There are a lot of CD-R's that don't work with the Xbox. There is a list of CD-R brands that do work, but I forgot where it is.
i think those problems only applies to earlier batches of xbox's when it came out. im not sure though. it has something to do with the dvd drive. the new ones have samsung drives which has no problems reading cd-r's.

Nephilim 01-03-04 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by demonized
i think those problems only applies to earlier batches of xbox's when it came out. im not sure though. it has something to do with the dvd drive. the new ones have samsung drives which has no problems reading cd-r's.
Yeah, mine is one of those that can't read all discs. I've actually been thinking about opening that bad boy up and chucking in a new dvd drive..

saturnotaku 01-04-04 02:14 PM

My Xbox also has trouble with CD-R discs. But I did get it to work using Memoriex 4x CD-RWs. It sucks having to do a thorough format and burn of audio CDs (as it takes forever) but it does work.

Edge 01-04-04 09:59 PM

What CD-Rs the Xbox can read depends on which DVD drive it has. If your Xbox's disc tray has 2 extra holes in it, it's probably a Samsung drive, which is the best availible (reads almost all CD-R types, and is rated for 16x speed rather then 8x like the other drives). Personally, mine is the worst (a Thompson) so I can only get it to read my CD-RW discs, but you might have better luck.

Oh, and on a semi-related note, if you replace the IDE cable in the Xbox with a ATA 100/133 cable, you can greatly decrease load times and possibly music ripping speed. For some reason, it only ships with an ATA33 cable. People have reported a 30%-50% decrease in loading time by replacing the cable. However, you need a special type of screwdriver and to get at 2 of the screws you have to rip/remove stickers, which voids the warrenty. But the process is supposed to be very easy, once you get it open. I haven't done it yet though, I'm waiting until I trade in my Xbox to get a better one (I have a replacement plan thing and my Xbox is having trouble with some games, so basicly I get a free upgrade).

nVidi0t 01-06-04 02:23 AM

I have had no problems with my Xbox and any CD-R's or RW's. It makes a great music system for your home theatre.