nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Video Overlay Problem FX5200 (green video) (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23973)

kentsangcanada 01-23-04 11:02 PM

Video Overlay Problem FX5200 (green video)

I just purchased a XFX FX 5200 from futureshop on boxing day for a mere $69.99 CND i got it so i can connect it to my TV (I used to use an old school ATI Radieon 32-no tv out) long story made short

Installed it love it but discovered a HUGH problem with the card

really bad refresh rate when playing a video (overlay i believe)

when ever i am in windows media player/ or /RealOne when i fast forward or zoom or full screen the screen the video becomes choppy from (a "LINE" would appear due to refresh difference - upper left to bottom right diagonal line) then the bottom triangle would turn GREEN and then the top triangle.

I phoned up XFX many times they say blah blah install driver update bios blah update XP service pack blah directX

ALL done even before I called them

I need some help on how to fix this
tried 5303 5304
screwed around with refresh rates

BTW the problem occurs less if i stay in the default refresh rate 60Hz
currently I am in 1024x768x32@85Hz

kentsangcanada 01-24-04 12:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
BTW here is a screen shot

saulob 03-11-05 09:23 PM

Re: Video Overlay Problem FX5200 (green video)

news about that man ?

i got the same thing.. everything..

fsx5200 too..

71.84 drivers here.

thanks

battlecat 12-25-05 02:18 AM

Re: FX5200 Green Screen

Hello!

I am having a very similar problem with playing any kind of video in Quicktime (or iTunes).

The video loads up and it starts to play, but after a second or two, the video turns completely green (not really in triangles, it's a a quick choppy transition), and then my whole computer gets very laggy and it is difficult to close or stop Quicktime right away. This is very annoying as I am just about to get an iPod with Video!

My setup is a GeForce FX 5200, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512MB Ram, Soundblaster Audigy 2, nVidia 81.98 Forceware Drivers (Released Dec. 21st 2005), everything is pretty much up to date.

I am pretty sure this has to do with the FX 5200. I'm assuming this is a "abundant" card so I wonder how many people are actually experiencing this problem. Is anyone here NOT having this problem, and what is your setup like?

For those that are/have experienced this problem, what have you done to try to fix it?

I've tried to install/uninstall video drivers many times but still nothing is working! Now that I think of it, I "believe" that Quicktime used to work fine... I can't recall exactly though...

This is picking at my brain and I cannot find an answer so... PLEASE, if you have any insight on this problem, PLEASE reply! Thank you!!

PS: nVidia if you are reading this, help!

PPS: Oh and... (xmassign)