nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Capcom (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2425)

vampireuk 10-01-02 06:04 AM

Capcom

It seems like M$ are up to it again

M$ to buy Capcom?

StealthHawk 10-01-02 07:24 AM

the article itself seems to doubt the reality that MS is going to purchase Capcom and is doing anything but looking. although MS has a habit of gobbling up gaming companies. but if Capcom is really that unprofitable, i question how smart of a move buying Capcom would be. what was the last good game they produced. Marvel vs Capcom 2 is now just finally being released for home systems :eek:

Gargr 10-01-02 07:24 AM

Soon the console world will be just like the PC

thanks to Microsh*t

StealthHawk 10-01-02 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gargr
Soon the console world will be just like the PC

thanks to Microsh*t

as if Capcom has released anything good lately, just rehashes of old Resident Evil games. MS has actually published some good PC games as well

vampireuk 10-01-02 07:37 AM

The remake of Resident evil for the GC went down pretty well. The main problem is microsoft are seeming to want complete control over the console industry, which would be very bad. If they swallow up more games companys there will be less games coming out for other platforms.

/me ****s his shotgun and goes to visit bill

StealthHawk 10-01-02 07:39 AM

Capcom was complaining that it didn't sell well enough last i heard. i didn't say the game was bad per se, but the idea screams cash cow either way.

Gargr 10-01-02 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by StealthHawk

as if Capcom has released anything good lately, just rehashes of old Resident Evil games. MS has actually published some good PC games as well

Well, RE is not just a rehash, its suposed to have 70% new stuff(I'v not played the game. Dont like that kind of games). Even if it is, how many years ago was the PSX version released?
And they are making new games.

There are rumors that MS tried, and still is tryng to buy Square, Sega...ect. They already got Bungie and Rare
Now i'v read that MGS is going to be XBox exclusive
I woudnd be surprised if billy trys to buy Nintendo

Things dont look very good IMO.

vampireuk 10-01-02 07:45 AM

I hope someone kicks him in the nuts and tells him to **** off

Like we need another monopoly:rolleyes:

sytaylor 10-01-02 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vampireuk
The remake of Resident evil for the GC went down pretty well. The main problem is microsoft are seeming to want complete control over the console industry, which would be very bad. If they swallow up more games companys there will be less games coming out for other platforms.

/me ****s his shotgun and goes to visit bill

and theres me 7 years ago thinking sony would ruin the industry :-/ meh...i assume microsoft will push capcom/rare/other accusition here to produce sequels that sell in big numbers

rare and especially capcom are not fans of stiffling origionality(with capcom making an exception only rescentley), so surley their developers would leave...

Serath 10-01-02 01:38 PM

BAH!
**** **** **** ***** ******* **** man*****!!!!!!!!!

now that I have that out of my system... *sigh* I really wish one day the corporate pigs of MS would all quit their job because bill tried to assrape them or something and then decided to sue. THAT would teach that monopolizing bastard... GRRRRR I hate MS soooooooo much! THey just can't keep their nose out of something, and everytime they stick it somewhere it turns that whooole thing to ****!

vampireuk 10-02-02 04:04 AM

in amongst his growling Serath summed it up rather well:D

PsychoSy 10-03-02 01:30 AM

Hold the phone!

Capcom isn't going ANYWHERE. Mark my words! They've have been through much WORSE than this and if it were not for their real estate holdings, they'd have posted a profit of about 70 Billion yen. Their games are fine, the company is fine...they can make money but right now, just need to trim some serious real estate fat and downsize.

I hate to put it in this fashion, but do you honestly think that if Capcom went on the selling block, they'd sell out to Microsoft - a company they probably refer to as "gaijin"?!?

Japanese folks have a high emotional stake in honor and intregrity than money and when it comes to investing and selling, they are very cautious. To them, selling out to an American company would probably be dishonorable, especially in light of facts that Microsoft is still struggling to gain a considerable installed base in Japan and historically, American gaming companies hasn't really proven a true sense of success to the Japanese. The last time an American gaming company ruled the roost was back in the late 70s/early 80s and that American company was Atari, which now is nothing more than a publishing moniker for Inforgrames.

Apparently the news of MS snagging Rare has us chomping at the bit.

We need to relax.