nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Other Desktop Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Radeon 9700 pics (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=253)

-=DVS=- 07-31-02 06:39 PM

NV30 pics vs Radeon 9700 pics

WOW NVIDIA IN TROUBLE

Radeon 9700 pics

:D :D :D :D :D

netviper13 07-31-02 06:52 PM

Hmm, the people at Rage can never get enough of mocking us can they? :rolleyes:

Mojo 07-31-02 06:58 PM

hmm, nice render, nothing special though. As for the others, :mad: .

-Mojo

sancheuz 07-31-02 07:10 PM

Come on, you are not really going to fall for that. Get the point people, it was a joke. those were real pics... :-)

Jazz 07-31-02 07:19 PM

very childish mate @ DVS

but i do recall a troll from around here called dimka or something who was spamin in the rage 3d forums maybe this is payback lol

Acid Rain 07-31-02 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by netviper13
Hmm, the people at Rage can never get enough of mocking us can they? :rolleyes:
(Instant can-o-flame: opened)
Well, what better way to use that "superior 2D quality" then to browse forums in all their spare time. ;)

With the R300 not even available to consumers, they have little to do with the 8500 but browse.
(Instant can-o-flame: closed)

SavagePaladin 07-31-02 07:26 PM

whys he a troll? just a bit of humor. nuffin wrong with that, especially with all the rampant speculation going on

Jazz 07-31-02 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SavagePaladin
whys he a troll? just a bit of humor. nuffin wrong with that, especially with all the rampant speculation going on
he was going around in all the threads calling people stupid and insulting the site and sayin the nv30 is much better than the r300. I ain't got a problem with his nv30 comments but i do think he is an idiot for insulting other members. Might be abit of humour for nvidia fanboys but annoying for unbiased people like myself.

volt 07-31-02 08:59 PM

Let's not call each other idiots, remember that we don't want fights over graphics cards ;)

Bigus Dickus 07-31-02 09:27 PM

Lol, that was my thread. :D

And yes, it was meant to be humorous, nothing else. I am amazed however at the number of people that still insist those pics were actually rendered on an NV30.

Oh well.

I wanted to put a picture of a really ugly person to solidify the humor, but all the sites that were spefically about "ugly people" were blocked from work... which is when I made that thread.

SavagePaladin 07-31-02 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jazz

he was going around in all the threads calling people stupid and insulting the site and sayin the nv30 is much better than the r300. I ain't got a problem with his nv30 comments but i do think he is an idiot for insulting other members. Might be abit of humour for nvidia fanboys but annoying for unbiased people like myself.

Ahh.
I don't go to Rage3D
Quote:

And yes, it was meant to be humorous, nothing else. I am amazed however at the number of people that still insist those pics were actually rendered on an NV30.
I don't doubt that they can. Look how 3d has come since the TNT man, and you don't expect it'll get there?
I admit I could be wrong, but if its as significant as NVidia leads one to believe, I don't doubt it.

Bigus Dickus 08-01-02 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SavagePaladin
I don't doubt that they can. Look how 3d has come since the TNT man, and you don't expect it'll get there?
I admit I could be wrong, but if its as significant as NVidia leads one to believe, I don't doubt it.

I don't doubt that they can, in one form or another (ATi's demo's aren't exact duplications of the original off-line rendered demos either, but they did run real time which is a nice feat). Sure, the NV30 can, but it didn't, and that's the point. PR crapola at its best.