nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Dunno offending peeing avatars, (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25466)

ChrisRay 02-28-04 03:04 AM

Dunno offending peeing avatars,

I see them from both Malfunction and Jakup, I dunno but watching a little cartoon taking a piss on anything let alone the 2 respective companies slogans just seems like a bit too much for me.

Is just kinda gross and vulgar, Does anyone else have a problem with this? Guess I could put them on ignore. (which might actually be a good idea with Malfunction)

I guess I am the only person they both.

P.S. And to add to the list, I just saw another avatar with the SANE guy peeing on the name "Nforceman" Dont like the guy very much either but that is ridiculous :mad:

goofer456 02-28-04 05:49 AM

Re: Dunno offending peeing avatars,

Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisRay
P.S. And to add to the list, I just saw another avatar with the SANE guy peeing on the name "Nforceman" Dont like the guy very much either but that is ridiculous :mad:
Agreed. This was wrong and I updated the avatar. My humble apologies

vampireuk 02-28-04 08:12 AM

OK I don't have enough time to pm everyone with them since I have a job interview in 50 minutes, someone feel free to pm them the link to this thread.

All those with avatars that have someone urinating on something please remove them.

Malfunction 02-28-04 11:48 AM

This is such crap, I mean... what the hell is going on? jAkUp has had his Avatar for how long now and no one posted anything about it being a problem. No because I make a better version, oh all people "ChrisRay" whines about this as well and now everyone has to ditch the avatars?

What made them so tolerable before ChrisRay when jAkUp had his for so long?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...avatar+and+new

take a look at the date of the post... :rolleyes: 10-20-2003

I just don't get this crap. I have mine for not even 1 day and bam!, it's gone. Mean while jAkUp has had his since October last year and I didn't see ChrisRay waving the "etiquette" flag till now.

So let's see... I have a problem with "ChrisW's" Avatar and wish to see it removed as well as long as we are going to be fair about this. :)

It appears that if any misrepresentation of a IHV's logo or insignia is used should be removed immediately, including any derogatory remarks or messages to any IHV or Forum member in avatars or signatures as well.

All in all this stinks, though I will gladly change my avatar. :)

Peace,

:afro:

vampireuk 02-28-04 12:09 PM

So you couldn't have just changed it without complaining?

Malfunction 02-28-04 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vampireuk
So you couldn't have just changed it without complaining?
Just as easy as ChrisRay could have added me to his ignore list as I have Digitalwonderer. Infact, he said it was a potential option. :) Why couldn't he just do that instead of whine about it? Hell, he wasn't whinning about jAkUp's now was he? :confused:

Yet even still... http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/memb...nfo&userid=153

Peace,

:afro:

vampireuk 02-28-04 01:14 PM

Well you will notice I've asked everyone with those avatars to remove them, not just you.

Edit: Also note you are on the verge of been banned so I suggest you straighten up.

jAkUp 02-28-04 02:22 PM

bah:rolleyes:

I guess everyone has to complain about something. I think they just need to lighten up. I'm not complaining, it's just a little ridiculious that some people don't have a sense of humor. No offense to Vamp, or Mike, but just the people that complain. I will leave my avatar removed, but I think my old chick avatar would be more vulgar than this one.

mrsabidji 02-28-04 03:17 PM

Re: Dunno offending peeing avatars,

Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisRay
I dunno but watching a little cartoon taking a piss on anything let alone the 2 respective companies slogans just seems like a bit too much for me.
His name is Calvin actually, from 'Calvin & Hobbes'. You should read it ;).

mrsabidji

Lostlilchild6 02-28-04 03:43 PM

Wow... can you cry anymore?

Lamest thing ever... if it offends you, ignore him... simple as that.

Rytr 02-28-04 03:43 PM

goofer456, Malfunction, jAkUp

Thanks for agreeing to removal of the avatars and for the most part in a light-hearted manner. We want everyone to enjoy this site as much as possible and see that things that are offensive are corrected. This cannot always be accomplished in a timely manner. Your attitude in this instance in complying is much appreciated by the staff and others. Thanks!

jAKUp, if you are referring to the former avatar I think you are, that was offensive to me because it made me dizzy trying to follow the bounce! :D

sbp 02-28-04 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lostlilchild6
Wow... can you cry anymore?

Lamest thing ever... if it offends you, ignore him... simple as that.

It goes beyond that-its about how this forum is perceived and the image it projects. Now forum leaders help decide, amongst other things, how that is to be. Frankly they shouldn't be getting an attitude {not talking about you Lostlilchild} about it.

btw sir, can you please change your sig to list your systems specs widthwise like Mr.'s jAkUp and Rytr have it? Thank you.