nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   tv tool 6.8 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2612)

thcdru2k 10-06-02 09:32 PM

tv tool 6.8

i just want to sugget that anyone with a nvidia videocard and has tv-out, and uses it alot, or haven't used it because the quality sucks, go get tvtool 6.8, at least try the shareware. its an absolutely amazing program. i just installed it on to my geforce2 gts over tv tool 6.5. the quality jumped practically 10x. i can read the text that i am typing right now on a old orion 21in tv using a mitsubishi vcr for s-vhs. i don't know how they did it, but the tv-out quality on this makes my tv look almost as good as a monitor. absolutely amazing. i'm pretty sure with a geforce3 or geforce4 using one of the newer tv-out chips the quality would be top notch. it also allows you to use dualview for cards that don't support it, gf2 gts/gf3.

tweaked 10-17-02 06:50 PM

newer cards

actually all the newer cards seem to have worse tvout.

my msi geforce 4 ti4600 has all kinds of horizontal banding, looks horrible coming through svideo to my hdtv sony. ( this is my second gf4 ti4600, i took back the first thinking that this horrible tvout was a defect... NOPE!)
really unusable at all. trash tvout.

my asus and visionteck geforce 3's are fuzzy on the text, can't surf the net or really read the desktop well, but good enough for most games and video.

my geforce 2's (asus and generic) have excellent tvout, clear clean and very crisp, all text is very readable, can surf the net as easily as watch any movie and gameplay (for a gf2) looks great.

same cables all going to same tv in same computer....

i tried disabling the fan on card thinking mabey it was interference...
nope...

so i use my gf2 in an old dual p3 rig i use as a server, and made it my video server as well.

anywho to make a long story short, nvidia seems to be going backwards with its tvout. more features mabey but it looks like sh!te.

thcdru2k 10-17-02 06:56 PM

geesh..that just isn't right..maybe tvtool needs to fix their optimizations.

tweaked 10-17-02 07:00 PM

tvtools is fine

tvtools is fine, its the hardware.

using the tvout in the drivers or with tvtools the tvout aint all that with the newer nvidia cards.

but i dont blame jb that makes tvtools, his work is top notch...

i vaguely remember a hack people used on gf2's to increase the picture quality... removing some resistors or some such... i wonder if something like that might help the tvout on my gf4...

hmmm?

tweaked 10-18-02 01:10 PM

are you using the 720x480 mode tvtool supports?

it looks absolutly fan freaking tastic compared to 640 x 480 and 800 x 600 on my gf2.

to anybody and everybody using tv out on a nvidia card, tvtool rocks. tvtool using 720x480 rocks x5!

a must have.