nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   nV News favicon.ico added to site (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26907)

Clay 04-03-04 10:57 PM

nV News favicon.ico added to site

I've finally gotten around to adding a favicon.ico to the site. So you should now see it reflected immediately if you use Mozilla browsers (Firebird, Firefox, etc) in the browser address textbox, bookmarks and tabs. IE is a bit pickier and its caching mechanism doesn't always pick it up. Clearing your cache may help but what always works for me is to actually bookmark the site in question...close/re-open IE and then it should be reflected in the address bar. Nothing earth shattering but many have requested this over the past two years.

|JuiceZ| 04-03-04 11:06 PM

Re: nV News favicon.ico added to site

Wrks for me, looking good man ;)

Clay 04-03-04 11:13 PM

Cool, hey I was just going to ask you to take a look at it from the vbulletin directory...doesn't seem to be reflected from there. No big deal, main page is main thing but would be nice to have it throughout the site. Thought you'd know, prolly a setting in vBulletin admin since I see their "favicon.ico" file is in that dir but not reflected either. Maybe you can just replace with this nV News icon and flip a switch? :)

GlowStick 04-04-04 05:39 PM

'Im Love'n it'

In my FireFox shortcut bar, nvnews has allwasy stuck out with not having a icon, now it dose and i love it! Great work!

Clay 04-04-04 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowStick
'Im Love'n it'

In my FireFox shortcut bar, nvnews has allwasy stuck out with not having a icon, now it dose and i love it! Great work!

Cool, glad you like! :) Due to the small size of favicons you're limited so I just went with our colors and the "nV"...if anyone has any other ideas I'm open to them though.

GlowStick 04-04-04 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxPower
Cool, glad you like! :) Due to the small size of favicons you're limited so I just went with our colors and the "nV"...if anyone has any other ideas I'm open to them though.

A while ago, i thought to my self, i should make a icon for nvnews.net, but then i realzied i cant draw for anything, so i gave up!

saturnotaku 04-04-04 10:22 PM

How about adapting it for the forum pages as well? It looks good on the main page, but I'm in here a lot more often. ;)

Clay 04-04-04 10:25 PM

Yeah I know Sat (see post #3 of mine) ;) It shows up for me within Firefox but not IE here in the forums (/vbulletin subidir). I'm sure it's just a setting that JuiceZ needs to tinker with in the vBulletin admin area.

GlowStick 04-04-04 10:34 PM

Yeah, works fine for me in FireFox....

As i say at work to my boss, "Its an Internet Explorer thing"