nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Personal Cinema (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27621)

AIW Guru 04-20-04 05:48 PM

Personal Cinema

I think that a personal cinema subforum would be a great adition.
Rage3d certainly has its AIW forum which can be very productive.
Although personal cinema is not 1/1000th as popular, there must be people who buy these things and there's really nowhere they can go to get support from peoeple who have the same Nvidia product.
The other forums are too general and any request for help will get lost.
I just picked up one of these myself for a comparison/contrast and I was looking for such a forum for information.
Maybe the forum could also be for any HTPC applications including TV out and compatibility with TV tuners etc in adition to its focus on personal cinema products.
My $.02

ragejg 04-20-04 05:56 PM

Re: Personal Cinema

I tend to agree...

A friend of mine named Cleardark would certainly appreciate such a thing... he presently owns a Personal Cinema card and has a lot of trouble finding support information regarding such issues as sound driver problems and recording configuration...

ragejg 04-24-04 01:10 AM

BUMP so this thread topic gets a little more exposure.

:)

XanderF 04-26-04 04:49 AM

Actually, a better idea for the section would be 'Personal Cinema & HTPC' - so other HTPC topics could be covered. Preferred software to use, system setup for maximum benefit, etc.

stncttr908 04-26-04 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderF
Actually, a better idea for the section would be 'Personal Cinema & HTPC' - so other HTPC topics could be covered. Preferred software to use, system setup for maximum benefit, etc.

That's a good idea. The combination of the two would surely stir up some discussion.

AIW Guru 04-26-04 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderF

Dude, I suggested that in my original post.
"Maybe the forum could also be for any HTPC applications including ...etc in addition to its focus on personal cinema products."

hotbelgo 02-07-05 06:30 AM

Agreed - these commands should be a good idea, but I'm having difficulties with both windows and, especially, linux.

Sazar 02-07-05 06:09 PM

another vote here for an HTPC or tuner section... this way you can have everything in one place... not too many users here have AIW's or personal cinema setup's... but those who do would find it useful :D

/me uses 9700pro AIW...

ragejg 02-07-05 07:05 PM

...and I used an AIW 8500DV (great card) and a 5600 Personal Cinema for a while...

Wow this thread came back from the grave... :p