nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Problem with installing lan/network driver (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28028)

LOE 04-29-04 06:08 AM

Problem with installing lan/audio driver and sh dependencies

I run slackware 9.1 with kernel 2.4.22

I built the rpm from the src, but when I try ot install it the following error occurs:

error: failed dependencies:
/bin/sh is needed by NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0261
/bin/sh is needed by NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0261

It's the first time I install linux and to be honest I have no idea about what's going on :)
But i need the lan running

LOE 04-29-04 06:12 AM

Re: Problem with installing lan/network driver

This package contains drivers and documentation for the nForce and nForce2 chipsets. It also contains instructions for configuring the IDE and USB hardware correctly. The audio driver is based the i810 audio driver; the GPL licence for that driver is included.
unsatisfied dependencies
/bin/sh , /bin/sh
depends
/bin/sh , /bin/sh , rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) (<= 4.0-1), rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) (<= 3.0.4-1)

This is from the rpm info

..and...what should I do with this file

NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0261.tar.gz ?!?

blueworm 05-01-04 01:33 PM

Code:

tar -zxvf NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0261.tar.gz
cd nforce/nvnet
make
make install
modprobe nvnet

LOE 05-03-04 06:07 AM

Well I managed to get the network running, but now I got a problem with nvaudio - on linux startup I get an error when modprobe nvaudio.o a several times... that something's wrong with the configuration/IRQ or something

Thunderbird 05-03-04 06:33 AM

You should only use the nvnet driver from the nforce driver package as other drivers are already builtin into the kernel. (for newer kernels there's even a hacked opensource nvnet driver)

The audio driver you need is i810_audio.o and it is already installed on your system.

LOE 05-03-04 06:56 AM

root@hellspawn:~# modprobe i810_audio
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o.gz: init_module: No such device
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o.gz: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o.gz: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o.gz failed
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o.gz: insmod i810_audio failed

and this is for the nvaudio :
root@hellspawn:~# insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_probe_codec
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_set_dac_rate
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_set_adc_rate

root@hellspawn:~# modprobe nvaudio
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: init_module: No such device
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: insmod nvaudio failed

Panarello 05-08-04 06:18 AM

Hi LOE what you do to work your lan? what is your motherboard?

acidfourtyfive 07-11-04 02:33 PM

I'm having the same problem. I don't quite understand what happened between the first post and second post. Anyway I'm going to go look for that tarball or gzip or whatever.

I'm what you might call a n00b << :screwy:

how did you get the package unpacked?

I found the tarball on the nvidia site...damn rpms :P I don't know why the RPM's didn't work but I'll look into it later when I need it again :P for now I have to start working on wlan :D mwahahah one step further :D