nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   question about oqvist (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28087)

creedamd 04-30-04 02:01 PM

question about oqvist

Why was he banned? I just want to make sure I don't make the same mistake, I didn't see anything that warranted a ban(not saying that there was no reason) but just wondering what made the axe fall. I see a bunch of kids around here calling people names, trolling, and flamebaiting that never get spoken to.

Just curious.

Clay 04-30-04 04:31 PM

Re: question about oqvist

There are only so many mods and about 1,000 people that are acting silly. We do the best we can.

vampireuk 04-30-04 05:09 PM

We actually do a lot more work behind the scenes trying to get people to sort out their behaviour than you would believe. He didn't react too well to his warning.

creedamd 04-30-04 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampireuk
We actually do a lot more work behind the scenes trying to get people to sort out their behaviour than you would believe. He didn't react too well to his warning.

I understand, I figured that whatever he did probably got erased so we wouldn't be subjected to it. Thanks guys.

saturnotaku 04-30-04 08:09 PM

First I get to drive really cool cars around America's premiere race course and I come back to find oqvist banned - can a week get any more perfect than this? :D

vampireuk 05-01-04 04:03 AM

Did you have sex this week?

saturnotaku 05-01-04 08:08 AM

Quote:

Did you have sex this week?

I did last week. :D

volkskrant 05-02-04 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnotaku

Only once a week?

Get married!

vampireuk 05-02-04 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnotaku

Then you have something to aim for this week to make it complete :D

oqvist456 05-02-04 05:59 AM

Quote:

I will listen in the future :)

bknblk 05-02-04 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist456
I will listen in the future :)

OMG, I cannot believe that you re-registered and with the same name as well.
:retard: I kinda think this is frowned upon. If you were welcome back, you would likely be given your old user name back. Good luck, but I am hoping the ban stands.

/goes off to notify a mod, whistling all the while. :kill:

DaveW 05-03-04 06:39 PM

oqvist was just unlucky. To conserve disk space I wrote a little perl script on the server that runs at 2 am every morning. Each night it randomly selects 3 forum members and deletes their accounts. The selection algorithm is weighted by number of posts and time of membership, so its usually unused/barely used forum accounts that get the canning.

Most of the time it picks people who joined but never posted, or people who haven't posted in years, so the deletes go completely unnoticed. Occasionally at quiet times like this, it runs out of "dead" accounts to delete and it picks out someone who is a newbie who is actively posting, but still has a low post count. Its unfortunate, but unless you guys want to pay a forum membership fee, its just the way things have to be. It sucks, but disk space isn't free.