nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Beckman? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28821)

jAkUp 05-16-04 01:49 PM

Beckman?

Who is this guy?? It always says he was the last to post in a few threads, but when you actually go to the thread... His post is not there.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/member.php?u=21548

Click on view last posts from him... nothing found, Yet topics are getting refreshed with his name as the last poster... What is going on here, is his posts invisible? Could Beckman possibly be the antichrist? Are these questions that will remain unanswered?

DMA 05-16-04 02:00 PM

Re: Beckman?

Hehe, yeah, i've noticed that too. I think he's a ghost. (crazy)
To bad though, the guy's been posting all day and nobody can read his posts.

MikeC 05-16-04 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMA
Hehe, yeah, i've noticed that too. I think he's a ghost. (crazy)
To bad though, the guy's been posting all day and nobody can read his posts.

Think maybe he will stop signing up when he's been banned?

MUYA 05-16-04 03:12 PM

Certain actions are taken by admin and with good reason. If you have a problem or query you should take it up with admins. This is feedback section for the site and that doesn't pertain to questions about banned people.

DMA 05-16-04 03:18 PM

So it's just a weird forum bug? It's just simply a banned dude that won't stop posting? :)

Kinda spooky though :D

jAkUp 05-16-04 03:48 PM

I didnt know it was a banned person, I just thought it was a forum bug or something

MUYA 05-16-04 03:49 PM

ok dude you didn't know. But we have good reason to believe so.

jAkUp 05-16-04 03:53 PM

But I thought if your banned your can't post at all?

MUYA 05-16-04 03:59 PM

there are some who evade bans by using proxies. We cannot ban a certain ip range as in IRC etc as that would affect others. :(

NightFire 05-16-04 08:40 PM

Okay, now I'm curious.
Let me get this straight.
There is a guy, Beckman, who joined up yesterday.
On his profile it reads "registered user", so he's not banned, right?
But none of his posts show up, which means that you guys banned him from posting, although he is not banned.
AHHHH! It makes no sense!
If he is avoiding a ban by using a proxy, shouldn't the "Beckman" be using a different name to post?
Or is that "Beckman" is a banned user who signed up with another name, and has not been banned.
But wait, if he is not banned, then why do none of his posts show?
Unless that means he is banned...which would mean that his profile is wrong...which would mean that...ummm...crap. I lost my train of thought.
Very confusing though.

MikeC 05-16-04 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightFire
Okay, now I'm curious.
Let me get this straight.
There is a guy, Beckman, who joined up yesterday.
On his profile it reads "registered user", so he's not banned, right?
But none of his posts show up, which means that you guys banned him from posting, although he is not banned.
AHHHH! It makes no sense!
If he is avoiding a ban by using a proxy, shouldn't the "Beckman" be using a different name to post?
Or is that "Beckman" is a banned user who signed up with another name, and has not been banned.
But wait, if he is not banned, then why do none of his posts show?
Unless that means he is banned...which would mean that his profile is wrong...which would mean that...ummm...crap. I lost my train of thought.
Very confusing though.

Banned users posts show up unless they have been deleted. Banned poster means he cannot post from the point of banning on. Depending on how the ban was done. Beckman posts have not been deleted or edited. They are a record of his many harassments of my forums for further use. He is posting now under another name. He thinks he is getting away unnoticed but I see him as do others. You seem so preoccupied nightfire with these bannings. Thinking somebody is looking at you?

NightFire 05-16-04 10:00 PM

Well, I'm pretty screwy. With a touch of paranoia.
But no, I don't think anyone is looking at me. Should I?