nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Best driver version for old TNT2 M64 card? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28917)

danlofgren 05-18-04 05:55 PM

Best driver version for old TNT2 M64 card?

I've heard that the older drivers might be more "finely tuned" for older cards. Does anyone know if this is true and what might be the best driver version for an old TNT2 M64 32MB card?

THANKS!!!!

Rytr 05-18-04 07:04 PM

Re: Best driver version for old TNT2 M64 card?

Don't know about 'finely tuned' but I still like performance/stability/options of the 45.23's for GF2 cards.

saturnotaku 05-18-04 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlofgren
I've heard that the older drivers might be more "finely tuned" for older cards. Does anyone know if this is true and what might be the best driver version for an old TNT2 M64 32MB card?

THANKS!!!!

Depends on what OS you're running. If it's 9x, I'd say use something like 12.90. If you're using 2000/XP, I'd say something like 27.42, 28.90 or 30.82. I'm using the former on a PCI TNT card in my parents' computer. No stability or image quality issues to speak of.

kev13dd 05-18-04 11:59 PM

Speaking of drivers for old cards, I'm running a G2 MX400, just updated it with DirectX 9.0b, any ideas what drivesr would be best? Right now its on 52

K

P.s. XP Pro (no SP 1), P4 2.4Ghz

saturnotaku 05-19-04 12:38 AM

If you're not having any problems with the set you're running right now, stick with 'em.

duderoks 01-05-05 06:16 PM

Hi
I have the card tnt2 m64 16mb and win me os. I was wondering what are the best drivers and what are the original drivers installed with it? Because my card came with the computer so i do not have an extra cd of drivers for it. All i have is the system restore cds anyway to get the original drivers back without erasing everything from my comp. I have detonator 66.94 installed on my comp its fine on displaying the desktop and images but in games the graphics are not very good and in platform games like harry potter 2 harry does not stand still even when you do not press a key. Can anyone help me with this? I have tried removing detonator in add/remove programs but then the colors are not displayed properly they are displayed in the same color as in safe mode.
Thanking you in advance

saturnotaku 01-05-05 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duderoks
the graphics are not very good and in platform games like harry potter 2 harry does not stand still even when you do not press a key. Can anyone help me with this? I have tried removing detonator in add/remove programs but then the colors are not displayed properly they are displayed in the same color as in safe mode.
Thanking you in advance

That's probably because the games you want to play require a graphics card with hardware transform and lighting support, which the TNT series does not have. You would need at least a GeForce2 MX or better in order to get them to run properly. A GeForce3 Ti200 can be had online or through eBay for $40 or less.