nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   nv3x to nv4x performance question (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29363)

retsam 05-30-04 01:54 PM

nv3x to nv4x performance question
 
ok here is what i think is a good question ..... does anyone have a comparison of what the initial performance of the nv3x was to there latest driver release is ..... the reason for this is im trying to get a baseline idea of what kind of perfiormance increase would be of the 6800 and how much more i can we can get out of it....

Fahim 06-04-04 01:11 PM

Re: nv3x to nv4x performance question
 
Expect more than double performance....

Gogeta 06-21-04 08:14 PM

Re: nv3x to nv4x performance question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fahim
Expect more than double performance....

your kidding right?

anzak 06-21-04 10:19 PM

Re: nv3x to nv4x performance question
 
No. The 6800 Ultra is about 100% faster than the 5950 and Radeon 9800 pro/XT.

simonuk 06-22-04 02:33 PM

Re: nv3x to nv4x performance question
 
No offence but did any of you above even read retsam's question?

Retsam I can't answer your question because the 5900xt which I own is quite new and the drivers which it's compatible with are quite recent. To find out how much of an increase in performance the drivers have delivered maybe a 5900ultra owner could benchmark it using the oldest 5900 compatible drivers and then compare it to the latest drivers.

anzak 06-22-04 03:26 PM

Re: nv3x to nv4x performance question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by retsam
im trying to get a baseline idea of what kind of perfiormance increase would be of the 6800

And

Quote:

Originally Posted by retsam
how much more i can get out of it....

Two questions, I only answered the first one.

simonuk 06-22-04 03:33 PM

Re: nv3x to nv4x performance question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by anzak
And



Two questions, I only answered the first one.

I think you missed the whole point of his post, he wants to know how much of an increase in performance the nv30 has with new drivers compared to old drivers. This will give him an indication of what kind of performance increase he will see with new drivers with a nv40.

retsam 06-22-04 11:14 PM

Re: nv3x to nv4x performance question
 
Quote:

I think you missed the whole point of his post, he wants to know how much of an increase in performance the nv30 has with new drivers compared to old drivers. This will give him an indication of what kind of performance increase he will see with new drivers with a nv40
thats what i was looking for some sort of data comparing the first driver performance to the most recent drivers .... what ever performance we get out of that data is what we can sort of ecspect out of the life time of the nv4x

retsam

Gogeta 06-25-04 03:41 AM

Re: nv3x to nv4x performance question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by retsam
thats what i was looking for some sort of data comparing the first driver performance to the most recent drivers .... what ever performance we get out of that data is what we can sort of ecspect out of the life time of the nv4x

retsam

if i had a 5900 i would check for you. doesnt look like anyone else is willing to.

ricercar 06-25-04 02:51 PM

Re: nv3x to nv4x performance question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by retsam
a comparison of what the initial performance of the nv3x was to there latest driver release

122%

My PNY FX 5800 Ultra got 14,008 OnionMark2001SE out of the box with the drivers that shipped with the card. Eventually that hardware peaked at 17,026.

simonuk 06-29-04 06:45 AM

Re: nv3x to nv4x performance question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gogeta
if i had a 5900 i would check for you. doesnt look like anyone else is willing to.

I am willing but the problem is that I have a 5900xt so I can only use recent drivers so there is only a small increase in performance.

Does anyone know what the first driver to have 5900xt support is? (btw the best driver for the 5900xt I have found is the 53.03!)

Quasar 07-20-04 05:44 AM

Re: nv3x to nv4x performance question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by retsam
does anyone have a comparison of what the initial performance of the nv3x was to there latest driver release is

I bet the results do change with every benchmark thrown at the card.
There will be some, which did not profit at all, some will be only marginably faster and then there will be some, which could show an almost doubled performance.

It's also different, if you look at nV30 or nV35 - the latter did get major improvements when using only pp-hints in the pixelshader-code, while the former was quite easy to operate at peak efficiency (within the limits of the whole CineFX-architecture)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.