nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Clay's Review of the BFG 6800 Ultra OC (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32091)

Clay 07-15-04 09:38 AM

Clay's Review of the BFG 6800 Ultra OC

I just finished uploading the few last minute updates to my review.

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/bfg_ge...oc/index.shtml

Feel free to post any questions or feedback here. :)

|JuiceZ| 07-15-04 09:40 AM

Re: Clay's Review of the BFG 6800 Ultra OC

Hey who's this Clay guy anyways? :p

Clay 07-15-04 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |JuiceZ|
Hey who's this Clay guy anyways? :p

I've gotta keep you guys on your toes...next week's name shall be... "Ferdinand" :D

|JuiceZ| 07-15-04 10:05 AM

heh, enjoyed the review man ;)

Only thing I wished you'd done is posted some results from an o'c XT PE along w/ the o'c 6800U. Granted nvidia cards have generally had more head room when it comes to o'cing, still would have been interesting though. And you're absolutely right about the potential for the geforce 6 series because we know what nvidia's driver team is capable of. Perhaps we'll see an update to the review shortly after the *official* 6800 drivers are released next week? :naughty:

Clay 07-15-04 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |JuiceZ|
heh, enjoyed the review man ;)

Only thing I wished you'd done is posted some results from an o'c XT PE along w/ the o'c 6800U. Granted nvidia cards have generally had more head room when it comes to o'cing, still would have been interesting though. And you're absolutely right about the potential for the geforce 6 series because we know what nvidia's driver team is capable of. Perhaps we'll see an update to the review shortly after the *official* 6800 drivers are released next week? :naughty:

Thanks. Yes, I would have liked to OC'd the X800XT PE but time didn't permit it in this case. I was up laaaaate all of last week as it was. :type: ;)

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to also mention that I made a concious decision not to include the ATI OC'd not solely based on timeframe but also because the review is about the 6800UOC and not the XTPE. I just wanted a reference point and to then show how far the 6800UOC could be pushed and how that compared to the default clocks of the XTPE. In other words, this review was never intended to be a direct "head-to-head shootout". :)

|JuiceZ| 07-15-04 10:16 AM

Dedication, now thats what I like to see! :D

rewt 07-15-04 10:20 AM

Nice work Clay :)

Funny how you can compare nVidia's 4x AF against ATI's 16x AF. nVidia 4x looks better to me, lol.

Clay 07-15-04 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rewt
Nice work Clay :)

Funny how you can compare nVidia's 4x AF against ATI's 16x AF. nVidia 4x looks better to me, lol.

Thanks. That's why I went that route in the comparison. After staring :eek: for hours and hours at those screenshots I kept coming back to that fact/impression/opinion.

MUYA 07-15-04 10:33 AM

Good job clay ;)

Clay 07-15-04 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUYA
Good job clay ;)

Doh! I forgot to thank you, check last sentence of last page now. ;)

MUYA 07-15-04 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay
Doh! I forgot to thank you, check last sentence of last page now. ;)

Pah I did nothing but bother ya when you were writing up :D

bwahahahahahahahah

:p

EMunEeE 07-15-04 10:55 AM

Nice review Clay. The GeForce 6800U is a mammoth...wow.