nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Software (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Winmx (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33)

vampireuk 07-28-02 05:22 AM

Winmx

Is it just me or when there is a new version of winmx released you cant connect to the servers until you have that new version? Its slightly annoying to say the least:mad:

Kruno 07-28-02 07:10 AM

Yes! That always happens. You must always use the latest version otherwise you won't be able to connect :/

vampireuk 07-28-02 07:28 AM

meh that kinda sucks, I have only really just got use to the new look a month after I installed it. It has alot of cool new features but they could have perhaps us old senile ones into it a bit easier:D

PCarr78 07-28-02 10:38 AM

Blah

IRC never gives me problems.

vampireuk 07-28-02 11:13 AM

Theres where I get most of my umm stuff;) now. Im pretty much glued to efnet:cool:

PCarr78 07-28-02 11:16 AM

Efnet?

I've always used DALnet...

Starscream 07-28-02 11:19 AM

Personally I'm a fan of newnet.

Winmx is excellent for mp3's though. The majority of what I want encoded at 320kbps and if there's no really high bitrate version there's always a semi decent one in the 192+ range.

PCarr78 07-28-02 11:22 AM

but most are joint-stereo, which is GHEY

prydah 07-28-02 12:07 PM

ahh irc...

real time chatting and a great place for information...

of all sorts ;)

if i never got into irc, i probably would never have found out about 3dgpu.com which had a link to nvnews.net. and ive been here ever since... :)

in fact ever since i clicked on nvnews.net link from 3dgpu.com and read a few lines (the title bar which said something like ...a great place for nVidia news...), i made it my homepage back in november/december 2000. i didnt join the forums until early jan 2001 because i was still hooked on irc.

now i just real time chat every once in a while but i will definitely not forget irc :cool:

u can learn a lot of things at irc... ;)

if not for irc, i would have never gotten into linux or unix based systems.

if not for irc, i would never have bought the music cd's i have in my collection now

if not for irc, i would never have bought the pc games that i am glad to own.

if not for irc, i would never have found out so much about 3d and digital video: it's industries, it's hardware, it's softwares, and especially it's awesome online community filled to overflowing with creativity and imagination and innovation

if not for irc, i would have had a hard time repairing, updating, and configuring my pc on my own instead of having to depend on others or worse yet pay others for resolving simple and not-so-simple or some complex pc problems.

and i could go on and on...

well if not for irc, i probably would have eventually found out about nvnews.net and everything else i mentioned above and then some but im sure i wouldnt have since i know my interests would have changed by then

vampireuk 07-28-02 12:08 PM

Think ill wander onto Dalnet sometime and track you down;) :D

I'm always on efnet mainly cause most of my friends are on there and they also have a kickass mp3 channel:cool:

Starscream 07-28-02 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by [Corporal Dan]
but most are joint-stereo, which is GHEY
Which ones the mp3's at 320? (I don't have a single mp3 encoded at 320kbps that's joint stereo) or the lower bitrate ones?

I do agree that joint stereo is crap.

PCarr78 07-28-02 12:23 PM

mostly anything BELOW 320

but some songs are hard to find in 320