nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Can we have a flame forum? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33095)

fleshonbone 07-26-04 03:41 PM

Can we have a flame forum?

Ie, an anything goes, enter at your own risk, no holds barred verbal assualt of a forum?

Maybe you could label it "Highly Flammable"! And if people don't like it, they don't have to enter!

I think it would be fun, and soothing.

Clay 07-26-04 03:42 PM

Re: Can we have a flame forum?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleshonbone
Ie, an anything goes, enter at your own risk, no holds barred verbal assualt of a forum?

Maybe you could label it "Highly Flammable"! And if people don't like it, they don't have to enter!

EB fills that hole for those that so desire.

fleshonbone 07-26-04 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay
EB fills that hole for those that so desire.

EB?

vampireuk 07-26-04 03:47 PM

We never plan on having a flame forum at nV News :)

fleshonbone 07-26-04 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampireuk
We never plan on having a flame forum at nV News :)

Fair enough

ragejg 07-26-04 04:36 PM

EB = EliteBastards

They have such a thing in their forums. And though it's not something for here, members there have fun with it.

fleshonbone 07-26-04 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragejg
EB = EliteBastards

They have such a thing in their forums. And though it's not something for here, members there have fun with it.

I see, thanks for the clarification.

SH64 07-26-04 05:27 PM

No .
whats keeping nvnews in "the best" list is that its totally (or almost) flame-free forum.

fleshonbone 07-26-04 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH64
No .
whats keeping nvnews in "the best" list is that its totally (or almost) flame-free forum.

I only asked because I think that when a site has a flame-only forum, it keeps the trash out of the other forums. No matter what you do, there will always be a certain level of it. Although I would agree that the mods here at NVNews seem to keep things well under control, on the other hand I don't necessarily participate in the forums that draw the most traffic (NV), as the "Other Desktop Video Cards" forum seems to be just a small group of us that get along pretty well.

HalfLife Source is considered to be one of the best (and biggest) HL websites out there and they have a thriving Flame Forum - I'm not saying you 'should' have one because they do, rather, I just don't think that having a flame forum would ruin NVNews' pole position on the charts, as you stated above.

Of course I am only a member here, and I respect your decisions when I'm at your house -

SH64 07-26-04 08:27 PM

Quote:

I only asked because I think that when a site has a flame-only forum, it keeps the trash out of the other forums. No matter what you do, there will always be a certain level of it. -

Well .. i think a flame forum might have some serious side-effects like it will spread the hatred between the members .
imagine someone you flamed or flamed by in that forum .. when you meet him in other forum your relation or interaction with him will be most likely hostile .. since he/you have serious disaggrement with you/him . & so it goes ..

Also it might stare the members attention to the flame thread instead of posting some good or informative posts in the other forums .

there are many other cons i cant seem to remember right now .. but i think you got the point ! &
i respect your opinions & ideas too! :)

netviper13 07-26-04 08:55 PM

Quote:

We already do: it's called the political forum when I get into it with UDawg :D

|JuiceZ| 07-26-04 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netviper13
We already do: it's called the political forum when I get into it with UDawg :D

:angel: