nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Swear filter? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33486)

superklye 07-30-04 04:06 PM

Swear filter?

Is there a way/place to turn this off? I looked through my User CP but didn't find anything (I may have just missed it though).

vampireuk 07-30-04 04:25 PM

Re: Swear filter?

Nope it can only be removed by a admin, we simply do not want swearing on this forum :)

superklye 07-30-04 05:42 PM

okay, that's cool. just curious. i've been to other boards that have a filter on automatically and you can turn it off yourself. that's why i asked. thanks!

|JuiceZ| 07-31-04 02:12 AM

Why the **** would we wanna turn off the ****ing swear filter you dumb **** ****er queer mother****er?

As you can see, we still try to keep the site family oriented.... :nanahump:

:D

Kamel 07-31-04 02:20 AM

**** you juicez :P

lmao, j/p -- i like the swear filter, i think it really helps to keep things civil even without considering the other benefits. if you were able to toggle it, people who have it disabled would probably curse all the time, but since it's filtered out they are less inclined to do so.

|JuiceZ| 07-31-04 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamel
**** you juicez :P

lmao, j/p -- i like the swear filter, i think it really helps to keep things civil even without considering the other benefits. if you were able to toggle it, people who have it disabled would probably curse all the time, but since it's filtered out they are less inclined to do so.

Hey d00d didn't realize your're in the bluegrass state too, what part?

Kamel 07-31-04 04:08 AM

in ashland, where ky, oh, and wv meet.

you did know, you just forgot :P i was going to attend MML but my lil jeep couldn't make it, lmao

Son Goku 07-31-04 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |JuiceZ|
Why the **** would we wanna turn off the ****ing swear filter you dumb **** ****er queer mother****er?

As you can see, we still try to keep the site family oriented.... :nanahump:

:D

Anyhow, except perhaps where the filtered words are doubled up such as above, context can many times be made out; by those who know such things. It's a matter of filling in the "blanks" if you will, for one's self :D

jAkUp 08-05-04 04:47 AM

saturnotaku 08-05-04 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAkUp

Yeah, well **** **** **** **** **** to you too! :fu: :ban: :tool: :baaa::

|JuiceZ| 08-05-04 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamel
in ashland, where ky, oh, and wv meet.

you did know, you just forgot :P i was going to attend MML but my lil jeep couldn't make it, lmao

O thats right, irc, hate to hear that, you missed a great event :( There's a regular Lanwar (600+ gamers) coming up in Oct though, so get yer jeep fixed between now & then homey :p

DiscipleDOC 08-05-04 02:21 PM

All of you, just shut the **** up! I can't handle this **** anymore! If you don't like the filter, then go **** yourself!!!

I actually used all asterisk, because I really don't talk like that! Honest! :D